Last minute trip from the UK

rubydoo2

Hi all!

It has been 5 years this year since I last visited WDW and usually, I used to go with my family for 3 weeks and we'd have a grand old time fitting everything in.

My husband and I have just decided we will be doing 5 days from July 22nd-July 27th! I am VERY excited to return but feel completely out of my depth with knowing where to start with just 5 days 😅

We are going to be prioritising MK and Hollywood Studios, but I would love to try and get on Guardians, and I'd also like to get my husband on Flight of Passage. Would it be best to park hop to Epcot and AK and attempt these after 2pm? I know Guardians does boarding groups, do they do a second round at 1pm?

I am also totally at a loss for restaurants, there are just too many to choose from and I know with it being so last minute there won't be quite the availability we might like. If you could pick 2 or 3 super special dining reservations, what would you go for? My husband is veggie so need to keep that in mind too!

I've also never been in July, being from the UK we usually go at the end of August and crowds are quieter. What are the crowds going to be like? I'm imagining it's going to be packed!

Basically, I would love any advice or tips from you experts! Thanks in advance 🙂

erstwo

You might be nicely surprised at the crowd levels - in the Southern US, lots of schools start back in early August. I know my daughter's first day is August 3rd. My son will move in his apartment at university July 30th. So maybe lots of people will have already completed their summer vacation by the time you arrive? I've been at WDW over the 4th of July holiday several times and other than fireworks on the 4th, I've never thought the crowds were too crazy. I hope that means crowds would be even lower on a non-holiday week in July.

Hope you have a great trip!

Upvote 0

rubydoo2

Original Poster
You might be nicely surprised at the crowd levels - in the Southern US, lots of schools start back in early August. I know my daughter's first day is August 3rd. My son will move in his apartment at university July 30th. So maybe lots of people will have already completed their summer vacation by the time you arrive? I've been at WDW over the 4th of July holiday several times and other than fireworks on the 4th, I've never thought the crowds were too crazy. I hope that means crowds would be even lower on a non-holiday week in July.

Hope you have a great trip!

Oh, that's great to hear! I will keep my fingers crossed. Thank you!

Upvote 0

rubydoo2

Original Poster
Here's one for your list -
Don't forget to get your Park Pass Reservations.
Thank you! Am I right in that we make the reservation, and then from 2pm we can Park Hop to another park of our choice, but the 2nd park can be any (as long as they have capacity?) and we don't have to choose that in advance?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you! Am I right in that we make the reservation, and then from 2pm we can Park Hop to another park of our choice, but the 2nd park can be any (as long as they have capacity?) and we don't have to choose that in advance?
Yes.

The only time park hopping has been unavailable was on Oct 1st at MK, and that was only for a few hours. Even if a park is “sold out” for park reservations the chances are you can still hop there after 2pm.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom