Last Minute Questions

graphite1326

Ok we leave next week and I have a few questions;

I can't remember, is there a hair drier in the room?
How do I use the food ordering app if I have the dining plan? Also, how do you use it for two people on the same res?
What is the best way to get to Wilderness Lodge from POP?

Schneewittchen

1. I can't remember, is there a hair drier in the room? Yes, at least there is one in the values......

2. How do I use the food ordering app if I have the dining plan? Also, how do you use it for two people on the same res?
Have an article from Disney about that: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...orld-resort-guests-using-disney-dining-plans/ or "let me google that for you"

3. What is the best way to get to Wilderness Lodge from POP? No matter what, it involves a transfer. I like to be fun about these things. I would take the bus to MK and then ride the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge. Others might recommend taking a bus from MK to Wilderness Lodge.... Or a bus to Animal Kingdom, then a bus from AK to WL.......

Maybe you should just not worry about it. As my DH says, relax and let the mouse drive......

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
1. I can't remember, is there a hair drier in the room? Yes, at least there is one in the values......

2. How do I use the food ordering app if I have the dining plan? Also, how do you use it for two people on the same res? Have an article from Disney about that: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...orld-resort-guests-using-disney-dining-plans/ or "let me google that for you"

3. What is the best way to get to Wilderness Lodge from POP? No matter what, it involves a transfer. I like to be fun about these things. I would take the bus to MK and then ride the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge. Others might recommend taking a bus from MK to Wilderness Lodge.... Or a bus to Animal Kingdom, then a bus from AK to WL.......

Maybe you should just not worry about it. As my DH says, relax and let the mouse drive......

I guess my real question about the food app is, the all dining credits would come off my account if ordering for my DW and myself? There is no way to take a credit off hers?

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
NEXT! Hearing aides. This is my first trip with them. They are real expensive (one = one trip to WDW and I have two). Do I go without? Take my container and remove them when riding fast and bumpy rides? Anyone had any experience with them?

Upvote 0

JohnD

What is the best way to get to Wilderness Lodge from POP?

Two options:
1. Bus to MK. Bus to WL. (Ask driver for depot # as you disembark. Doesn't require leaving the bus area)
2. Bus to MK. Boat to WL. (Have to leave bus depot and walk toward the monorails. As you approach the monorail resort entrance, veer left for boat dock to WL)

Upvote 0

JohnD

NEXT! Hearing aides. This is my first trip with them. They are real expensive (one = one trip to WDW and I have two). Do I go without? Take my container and remove them when riding fast and bumpy rides? Anyone had any experience with them?

I think you'll be fine wearing them walking around from place to place. However, I would treat your hearing aids like I treat my glasses. When boarding a highly moving ride (coaster or similar), take them off, secure them in their container, and place in one of your bags. Do you really need to hear everything while you're on a roller coaster? (See in my case. Nope. Glasses come off on coasters, ToT, etc.)

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

Another option or two with the bus is to take the first bus going to a park, then go to the bus stop for Wilderness Lodge. Or ride the bus to the Magic Kingdom, walk over to the Contemporary, the the boat from the Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge. This last option might take the longest time, but you get to visit the Contemporary if you never have.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

@graphite1326 HI FROM A FELLOW HEARING AID WEARER!!!!!!!!! I don't know how severe your loss is but I wear my hearing aids all day, everyday, with the exception of a shower.

I've been to Disneyworld multiple times and I wear the Hearing Aids all day. That said, I do have a waterproof pouch (you can find one on Amazon and test it before you go) and I put my hearing aids in my waterproof pouch and the pouch in a backpack for SPLASH MTN and for Kali River Rapids, I put them in the lockers next to the ride (free for a couple hours). Those are really the only rides that have a significant drop/water impact that would damage my hearing aids.

Pirates IS a boat ride with a small drop but that drop is never enough to splash my hearing aids (and I have been on that ride more than 50 times wearing hearing aids).

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out for you!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Another option or two with the bus is to take the first bus going to a park, then go to the bus stop for Wilderness Lodge. Or ride the bus to the Magic Kingdom, walk over to the Contemporary, the the boat from the Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge. This last option might take the longest time, but you get to visit the Contemporary if you never have.

Totally agree.
that's what I'd do--get on the first park bus that comes, then transfer to the WL bus. If you happen to end up at Magic Kingdom, you could take the boat to WL--it's a nice change from busses.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Bus to MK, BOAT to WL. Unless the boats aren't running due to weather, we ALWAYS take the boat to/from WL to MK. Minnie Van is the quickest way, but is more expensive than Uber.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

The boat from the Contemporary stops at Ft. Wilderness first, if I remember. If you are planning to take the boat from MK, take the WL boat with the red flag. The boat launch at MK will have each boat line marked. The one directly to WL is on the left.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom