Last Minute Planning Help (June)-Cancel or no?

Wondering if you all can help me here. My wife and 3 kids were planning a trip in early June (6/4), but looks like they won't happen and, even if the park were to reopen, probably wouldn't be the best idea OR maybe the most ideal disney trip. Still though, I have always just thought I'll hold onto the trip and cancel at the last possible minute. I had 2 reasons for this rationale, 1) You never know what can happen (wishful thinking) 2) Disney may offer a special deal for re-booking if they have to cancel your trip because of park closures. A couple questions:

1) Assuming the trip is cancelled because of closure, do you think Disney will offer some perk to people impacted by the closure?

2) I have to pay the balance of the trip by today, I'm assuming in order to qualify for whatever that perk is, I'd have to pay by today?

3) Finally, assuming they do offer some kind of perk, how has it worked in the past if you paid in full? Do they refund you and then give you an option to re-book at a later date?

I guess the bottom line is that I don't want to cancel and miss out on a great deal. I also don't want to have Disney hold onto my money for however long until my trip. Any thoughts?

JIMINYCR

For our May trip, we waited it out to see what what progressed. We were advised to wait for Disney to cancel and that way it wasnt our call so we wouldnt lose out on anything. #1 Earlier Disney had put out a free QS dining plan offer for people who cancelled due to the closure and were rebooking for between June and Sept. So I'm thinking they will continue with some kind of similar offer going further if the closure dates continue onward. #2 I'd say yes youd have to pay off the trip as originally planned. #3 As we understood it, the trip needs to be cancelled and then rebooked at that time. I may be wrong. When we cancelled, due to the unknown situation the virus would have on our business we decided to not rebook right away and are now looking to book when the 2021 packages open up. Disney refunded our money very quickly.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

We just moved our July 5th trip to august 9th. No free dining or anything, and i paid the difference in the time of year, but worth it for a better chance of a normal trip.

Upvote 0

MissViv

I would pay in full and then let them cancel but you would have to go in June if they open up June 1, which I do not think they would but you never know. So just be prepared in case they do decide to open.

They would probably offer you free dining for a future trip if you book at the time they cancel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom