Last Minute Help

chellnjr

I need some last minute help. The more I think about it the more nervous I am and I want to make sure my plan is okay. We will only be at WDW for three days.

Saturday: AK until 2:00, then Epcot.

Sunday: MK until the park closes.

Monday: MGM until the park closes.

If we hit Epcot around 2:00 on Saturday, with lunch/dinner at 4:20 and CP at 6:45 does this leave us time for Christmas Around the World. How much of that should we be able to get in? We have to see the Tree Lighting Ceremony also.

This is the second trip this year for me and my husband, but the first trip EVER for our 11 year old niece. We are still debating the AK. We both love it so much and want her to experience it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

We are leaving first thing Friday morning - well, as soon as I can sneak out of work. Again, thanks! :xmasmile:

disneydentist

You might want to check the time on the Tree Lighting at Epcot. Your 4:20 lunch/dinner might be a problem depending on where you are eating and how long it takes.

Otherwise, your plan sounds pretty good. MK might be a bit crowded with natives on Sun but it has to be better than Mon (Christmas Eve).

If your niece likes character meet and greets, there are a whole bunce of the characters in therir christmas outfits in AK.

Have a good trip.

Upvote 0

VashtheStampede

Your 6:45 CP is going to be a problem. the tree light happens at 5:55 pm. Which is a must see! The Christmas around the world last shows begin at 5:35 and the latest one you can catch is at American Adventure at 7:50. Your plan will work but it's alot of running around the WS. One other little epcot hint- IF the boat is at the other port it's takes the sametime to walk to that port from the port your at.

Also the only way to get a decent seat for CP is to be part of the dinner package. It has gotten much worse than past years. If you going to wait in the standby line go at least 2 hours early if you really want a seat!

I love DAK you should really go! It's the best! Also enjoy your trip! and don't forget to do Star Tours!

If you have questions about showtimes I have all of them right here in front of me!

Enjoy

Vash

Upvote 0

Maria

You can check the schedule of all live entertainment at the parks including Holidays Around the World, at:
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

As for the Xmas Tree lighting, I wouldn´t care too much about it. After seeing CP, you will not be amazed by it, and it only lasts like 10 mins and gets too crowded, so if you don´t get there on time to get a good spot, you won´t be able to see it anyways! I would suggest you to check the site above for the times for the Storytellers in the countries, and try catching them. Don´t miss Germany, UK, Mexico, Italy...I think those are the best! hehehe... Your niece will love learning about Xmas in other countries!

Maybe the dinner package will work better for you as it would allow you to get to the show and have a seat saved instead of waiting in line for hours and wasting precious time to see the rest of the park.

Try to grab a quick bite at AK (don´t miss that park!!!), so you can hold it until dinner at Epcot! Leave dinner for after CP and then straight to see Illuminations!

Have a great trip!!
:xmasmile:

Upvote 0

disneydentist

I have to disagree with Maria here. The music by Cast in Bronze during the tree lighting at Epcot is some of the best, if not the best, live music in WDW. Also, with the lesser crowds this year we walked into standby seats for CP with only 10 minutes to go back at the beginning of the month. Needless to say, the 2 hr suggestion is probably (unfortunately) realistice given the proximity of Christmas.

Upvote 0

VashtheStampede

Yeah, I would have to say don't miss the tree lighting. It is really beautiful! Cast in bronze Does do a great job on the music and really gets you into the Christmas mood! also the tree lighting is little longer than 10 minutes....

I gave CP a 2 hour standby wait because Gary Sinise will be doing the reading on the days they will be there. He is the most popular reader for the CP. I know alot of locals that are going to be there. So 2 hours may even be a low estimate! If you can do the dinner package, do it!

Enjoy your trip!

Vash

Upvote 0

Maria

Well... it probably takes longer, like 15 to 20mins.... I guess I got all used to it after actually working at it every night.. :animwink:

I still say that if they have to choose between times to see CP (and CP is more impressive after sunset) or the tree lighting, I would definitely see CP and not move from it no matter what.
:)

If they had an extra night, then go see the Tree Lighting too... :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom