Last DL Trip For a Few Years, Any Suggestions?

rle4lunch

Original Poster
First, let me start out by letting you know that we have going to DL for years and know the best ways to coordinate and maximize our trip to hit all the major attractions and rides. BUT.... We tend to stay in our own pattern of what we like to do while there, so if there are any quirks that you all know about (i.e. little known things that you have found over the years that are off the beaten path or not known about) that'd be awesome to get some input.

We go multiple times a year and have gotten lots of free upgrades and perks at the resorts and inside the parks, so I'm interested to hear what we might be missing. This will be our last blast for a while, as the military is taking us from San Diego to the East Coast (so we'll be hitting WDW at Christmas 2016, which is the best time to go there BTW; first week of December is best).

We'll be doing a 3 day military salute park hopper and staying at the Grand Californian, so we'll have extra magic hours as well. Dates will be 24-27 September. One caveat, we'll have our newborn (he'll be 4 1/2 months at the time of the visit), so we'll be one of *those* couples, carting around a baby and contributing to the stroller debacle that has become out of control (but this is our last trip for a long time, and we can't ditch the baby at the house, lol). We'll have a grandparent with us to watch him while we hit the regular rides/attractions, so we've got that covered.

Anyway, any inputs on special things that you guys have come to *have* to do while there would be great to hear about. Thanks!

GiveMeTheMusic

First, let me start out by letting you know that we have going to DL for years and know the best ways to coordinate and maximize our trip to hit all the major attractions and rides. BUT.... We tend to stay in our own pattern of what we like to do while there, so if there are any quirks that you all know about (i.e. little known things that you have found over the years that are off the beaten path or not known about) that'd be awesome to get some input.

We go multiple times a year and have gotten lots of free upgrades and perks at the resorts and inside the parks, so I'm interested to hear what we might be missing. This will be our last blast for a while, as the military is taking us from San Diego to the East Coast (so we'll be hitting WDW at Christmas 2016, which is the best time to go there BTW; first week of December is best).

We'll be doing a 3 day military salute park hopper and staying at the Grand Californian, so we'll have extra magic hours as well. Dates will be 24-27 September. One caveat, we'll have our newborn (he'll be 4 1/2 months at the time of the visit), so we'll be one of *those* couples, carting around a baby and contributing to the stroller debacle that has become out of control (but this is our last trip for a long time, and we can't ditch the baby at the house, lol). We'll have a grandparent with us to watch him while we hit the regular rides/attractions, so we've got that covered.

Anyway, any inputs on special things that you guys have come to *have* to do while there would be great to hear about. Thanks!

Make sure you catch all the new 60th entertainment if you haven't already. Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night are particularly wonderful.

Also spend some time in Toontown, as the current plan is for it to be gone by the time you return.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Make sure you catch all the new 60th entertainment if you haven't already. Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night are particularly wonderful.

Also spend some time in Toontown, as the current plan is for it to be gone by the time you return.

Definitely hitting the 60th stuff. Our son was born May 13th, so we haven't had a chance to catch any of it yet. Last time we went, wife was pregnant, so I was able to ride the stuff that had been refurbed and she had to sit and look, so she's chomping at the bit to ride BTMR. She loves toontown, but I could care less for that land. Personally I'm glad to see it go, but we'll take it in since it'll be Star Wars land by the time we revisit. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom