Last chance for direct incentives

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has sent me an email saying that the new incentives will be lower than the current ones that expire EOD tomorrow:

98152F27-CF33-44BC-89BD-B3B2048F6C4B.gif

If you’re looking to grab some direct points it’s as good a time as ever; Riviera is the cheapest it’s ever been at most of the incentive levels, and I think it’s reasonable to assume that “96% sold out% CCV will not get the next set of incentives.

Also there are still incentives on OKW, SSR, BLT, AKV, and Poly through tomorrow, although I have heard points are tight, particularly if you have/want an Oct or Dec UY.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Disney has sent me an email saying that the new incentives will be lower than the current ones that expire EOD tomorrow.

If you’re looking to grab some direct points it’s as good a time as ever; Riviera is the cheapest it’s ever been at most of the incentive levels, and I think it’s reasonable to assume that “96% sold out% CCV will not get the next set of incentives.

Also there are still incentives on OKW, SSR, BLT, AKV, and Poly through tomorrow, although I have heard points are tight, particularly if you have/want an Oct or Dec UY.

DVC can change the use year on points acquired through ROFR, although they still want to balance the points across use years. I’m guessing the reason that Oct & Dec use years are hard to get right now is because those are the ones that would get 2019 points as well as 2020 points. Those often referred to as “free points” by some excited new owners, not realising how use year works. Once we hit December those use years will “magically” become available again.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
DVC can change the use year on points acquired through ROFR, although they still want to balance the points across use years. I’m guessing the reason that Oct & Dec use years are hard to get right now is because those are the ones that would get 2019 points as well as 2020 points. Those often referred to as “free points” by some excited new owners, not realising how use year works. Once we hit December those use years will “magically” become available again.
Yes I don’t believe Disney has any contracts with 2019 points to sell for any UY for some resorts, hence the issue.

Free or not, if I bought Riviera today with an Oct UY I’d get 50 years of points and if I bought with a Sept UY I’d get 49. So it’s still worth something.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes I don’t believe Disney has any contracts with 2019 points to sell for any UY for some resorts, hence the issue.

Free or not, if I bought Riviera today with an Oct UY I’d get 50 years of points and if I bought with a Sept UY I’d get 49. So it’s still worth something.
You’d be paying an extra 3 months worth of dues too though. 😉

Mainahman

You’d be paying an extra 3 months worth of dues too though. 😉
We got in under this at OKW. Saved a bit, and got the resort we wanted. June use year too. They did sound like they would adjust it if you needed it, but they had June, that works perfect for us. Just got our welcome gifts last night. My rep told me this is the first time in 6+ years shes seen discounts at the older resorts. Who knows if we will ever see anything like this again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom