Large verandahs on The Magic?

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
Hi! So we're between our first and second cruises, first being this past november a 4 night bahamian on the Dream. It was a Make A Wish vacation for our daughter, we had such a great time! We had a deck 2 oceanview room. I did book a placeholder and pretty much immediately jumped at the opportunity to reserve a fantastic stateroom on An eastern caribbean cruise in 2021. Since then we have decided we might rather do a NYC to San Juan in fall of 2021 (obviously not released yet so we gotta hope that cruise happens lol). We're just outside Philly so the convenience of being able to take a short drive to NYC is tempting. As I said, we have a room with a great verandah booked (dead center AFT deck 9) as of now, so my question is are there any verandahs on the magic that compare? All I seem to find are the ones with 2 regular chairs, no loungers. Any recommendations on specific rooms on the Magic that we should try to get once the Itineraries are released? BTW we're a family of 4 if that matters...thanks!!

lostpro9het

You happen to notice worse movement back there on the Magic (being a smaller ship)? Last thing I want is 2 seasick kids lol, although we did ok on our cruise a few months back and had a bit of rocky seas a night or two
We're aft room people, we really prefer them. When you make port, yes, you will have vibration. When at sea, no, we didn't notice anything worse than midship or forward rooms. That trip I tagged above was probably the roughest seas we've ever had in 11 cruises and I slept like a baby each night. So did my wife but she wears a prescription patch for motion sickness when on board because she is super sensitive to the motion regardless of location on board.

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
We're aft room people, we really prefer them. When you make port, yes, you will have vibration. When at sea, no, we didn't notice anything worse than midship or forward rooms. That trip I tagged above was probably the roughest seas we've ever had in 11 cruises and I slept like a baby each night. So did my wife but she wears a prescription patch for motion sickness when on board because she is super sensitive to the motion regardless of location on board.

great to hear, thanks! I definitely think we could manage a bit of rough seas especially if we have motion sickness meds or patches etc. I’ll have to take a look through your trip report in more detail.

lostpro9het

maybe a dumb question, that’s an accessible room, I assume you can’t book that unless you have a reason for needing it? Is that the case?
It either is or was. When we told our TA we wanted to book this itinerary she came back with this room as the option. We did not require an accessible room and she said she could book it anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom