Large pickup truck parking

Fortcamper

I am camping at fort wilderness next week. We will be driving a large dualley pickup truck. My plan is to drive to the parks each day.

How difficult is parking with a large vehicle, including at universal?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I am camping at fort wilderness next week. We will be driving a large dualley pickup truck. My plan is to drive to the parks each day.

How difficult is parking with a large vehicle, including at universal?
The parking spots at the parks are at a staggered angle. With a dually they may giver you two spots. Its going to be tight at the back of the space I think.

Upvote 0

Ricky Spanish

During our last trip (June 2019) I drove my F150 Supercab to the parks most days.
The first day, CMs guided me into one parking space and we had a hard time getting out of the vehicle.
So the rest of our trip, I told the CMs that I was taking two spaces and had no problems.

Upvote 0

Animal_Kingdom_09

We have a Ram 1 ton dually, crew cab, 8’ bed and have never had a problem in the parking lots. They usually have us take the front half of the space with nobody behind us, but we have also been directed to the RV section.

Universal puts us at the end of a row.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I assume you are driving rather than taking internal transportation for a reason. Just curious, is it a time thing or you just want your own vehicle when you go?

Upvote 0

Fortcamper

Original Poster
I assume you are driving rather than taking internal transportation for a reason. Just curious, is it a time thing or you just want your own vehicle when you go?
I just tend to prefer having my own vehicle. No reason other than that. If the busses beat driving I'd be happy to go that route.

Obviously it will be preferabel to drive to Universal.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I just tend to prefer having my own vehicle. No reason other than that. If the busses beat driving I'd be happy to go that route.

Obviously it will be preferabel to drive to Universal.
Understood, just curious. We rented a golf cart to get us around the fort which seemed to be the fastest, then used internal, boats and buses after that. We didn't tow our car there. Have a great time! If you've never been, the Fort is a great place. Yes, you need your vehicle for Universal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom