Laptop Advice

Connor002

Original Poster
Hello hopeless techno-geeks!
:lookaroun

I'm in the market for a laptop, and I could use some advice from those with a bit more experience in the field. I can explain some of my needs if anyone's willing to lend a hand, but it'll take a bit to get my thoughts together... I'll get back with that soon . :lookaroun

Any help would be appreciated.:wave:

Connor002

Original Poster
Dell has a pretty good interactive website for putting together your own package.
They do, but it's too much techno-babble from a biased source.
I'd like some advice from real consumers.

Which is why those Consumer Reports magazines suddenly make perfect sense. :lookaroun

Connor002

Original Poster
Things I absolutely need:

Storage Space- I have hundreds of documents a year that I need to keep for reference, as well as a whole lot of multimedia that I probably don't need, but do have a habit of accumulating. :lookaroun

Wireless High Speed (Preferably very high performance) Internet Capability

USB Port(s)

CD/DVD Drive with burner

Gaming Capabilities (Nothing too hard-core, like the elves and dwarfs and whatnot, but a few Tycoons, Rise of Nations, and Random Others)

When I think of what else, I'll make sure to edit it in...

Connor002

Original Poster
Affordable means different things to different people.
Do you have a definite budget?
Uh, no.
I can accept it would be a thousand at least under the circumstances, but for a range... 2,000 is over. :lookaroun
I'd say up to 1,500, approximately.

Lil'mermaid

Things I absolutely need:

Storage Space- I have hundreds of documents a year that I need to keep for reference, as well as a whole lot of multimedia that I probably don't need, but do have a habit of accumulating. :lookaroun

Wireless High Speed (Preferably very high performance) Internet Capability

USB Port(s)

CD/DVD Drive with burner

Gaming Capabilities (Nothing too hard-core, like the elves and dwarfs and whatnot, but a few Tycoons, Rise of Nations, and Random Others)

When I think of what else, I'll make sure to edit it in...

Dell!!! You can pick what you want in your price range, and they rate their machines by what uses they are best for. Mine is best for productivity and media uses (DVDs, Music, Pictures...stuff like that)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom