Trip Report Land & Sea - Baja Style! - Complete

🎶And it's been a while🎶

Well here we are again after a pretty long Disney hiatus, minus a holiday resort-only visit.

In just a few weeks, we're off to the grand state of California! On this journey, we'll visit the Disneyland Resort and sail the Disney Wonder.

Here we are!
20211122_171646.jpg

As you can see (or sea - get it?) we're on a cruise. We have been cruising during the hiatus.

We've sailed Celebrity:
20211026_112754.jpg

If you haven't sailed Celebrity and you're looking for a bit more refined and adult (mostly-kid free) experience, this is the line for you. Plus, drinks are included. Lots of drinks. The food tastes better (for the most part) and you have a much better variety. The Edge class of ships are beautiful.

Then we hit this up:
20211123_091229.jpg

This was a true kids-free experience. The food is amazing! By far the best food I've ever had on a cruise ship. There's some really great outdoor spaces as well. They're working out new cruise line issues so there were some hiccups. Entertainment isn't great and the pool is miniscule. We also had the pleasure of running into a former DCL server we had on the Dream or Fantasy (I can't remember). It was an awesome experience.

We just finished up sailing on this lady:
20220218_075614.jpg

We liked Celebrity so much we sailed again on the Millennium. This is Celebrity's oldest ship (22 years I think) and there were some spots showing age, but I'll tell you, this in no way detracted from the experience. It's just been Revolutionized (refurbished in fancy terms) and most of the ship is looking great. Again, the food choices....

Embarkation Day Desserts
20220217_121250.jpg

This is what the dessert presentation looked like every single day.

If you're on the fence about Celebrity, do it.

Next up - our plans!

MickeyCB

Excited to follow along on another of your TR's and can't wait to see pics of the cool beer cans you always seem to have!
I was thinking about you guys when I read an article the other day about a cruise ship that will launch in 2024, I believe, that people buy "homes" on the cruise ship. 1-4 bedrooms I think I read.

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Excited to follow along on another of your TR's and can't wait to see pics of the cool beer cans you always seem to have!
I was thinking about you guys when I read an article the other day about a cruise ship that will launch in 2024, I believe, that people buy "homes" on the cruise ship. 1-4 bedrooms I think I read.
If there was a way, I'd do it! We're always looking for post-retirement housing. 😊

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
As part of Celebrity's entertainment lineup (which isn't as good as DCL), The Boy Band Project did not disappoint. We first saw them perform on the Celebrity Edge and again on the Celebrity Millennium. They're a little comedy and a lot of singing. I made Sean watch both shows.😆 They're such a popular act that Celebrity also has them perform on the pool deck. Celebrity is targeting the Gen-Xers hard!

Zipadeelady

As part of Celebrity's entertainment lineup (which isn't as good as DCL), The Boy Band Project did not disappoint. We first saw them perform on the Celebrity Edge and again on the Celebrity Millennium. They're a little comedy and a lot of singing. I made Sean watch both shows.😆 They're such a popular act that Celebrity also has them perform on the pool deck. Celebrity is targeting the Gen-Xers hard!

I was never a fan of boy band music but it does look a bit entertaining. At least for a few chuckles.

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
If you've been reading about DCL's latest update that took several days, you'll know they screwed up. A lot of paid-in-full dates are messed up along with others (like us) that have paid in full and DCL is saying we have a balance. Wait times are crazy. I've been told they're working on it, but this is unacceptable. There's language that if I don't pay that there's a chance it will be cancelled. Needless to say, I'm a little nervous about it. Based on anecdotal evidence, DCL is "working on it." 😒 I hate this wait and see approach.

Other than this hiccup, everything's ready!

RememberWhen

If you've been reading about DCL's latest update that took several days, you'll know they screwed up. A lot of paid-in-full dates are messed up along with others (like us) that have paid in full and DCL is saying we have a balance. Wait times are crazy. I've been told they're working on it, but this is unacceptable. There's language that if I don't pay that there's a chance it will be cancelled. Needless to say, I'm a little nervous about it. Based on anecdotal evidence, DCL is "working on it." 😒 I hate this wait and see approach.

Other than this hiccup, everything's ready!
So so annoying. Sorry you got swept up in the update problems. Maybe they’ll accidentally cancel you and rebook you concierge to apologize? Can’t hurt to dream…

lostpro9het

And we’re here!
BA528268-7931-4AB2-9FD2-D6FE2CCDCE1E.jpeg
D86585D8-4982-4CCA-BDB5-97B234675DEC.jpeg

Sean you need to step up your game. Zane just taught me that Blue normally controls the game. I got to ask. Where did you find those boxes?

He’s correct. She did a fantastic job of keeping my attackers off the board and just chiseled me down with some small flyers. I honestly don’t recall where I got the box from but it will hold several decks, counters, and tokens.

ferbtones

So looking forward to this trip report.

I have to thank you for the details you gave when you went to California and used DVC Rental Store. We got a great deal on Grand Californian for this July, and would no way have been able to afford a stay there otherwise.
My hubby says he will have some random craft beer in your honour when we are there. He hates spending money. 😂

Have a great trip.

lostpro9het

Room’s ready and now its pool time. Weather has been FANTASTIC! Had a great lunch at River Belle before we came back to the resort.
848BF572-541C-482B-911E-01EBCEDCB13D.jpeg
72A91755-37DF-4E20-9B74-6B13E02B0D35.jpeg

So looking forward to this trip report.

I have to thank you for the details you gave when you went to California and used DVC Rental Store. We got a great deal on Grand Californian for this July, and would no way have been able to afford a stay there otherwise.
My hubby says he will have some random craft beer in your honour when we are there. He hates spending money. 😂

Have a great trip.
Awesome! Y’all will have an awesome time! You cant beat the proximity of VGC to these parks. Plus, the resort is just beautiful.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom