Labor Day Weekend

Ok so here's my trip report from this weekend. We go a lot (duh) but it's always nice to do something new or experience something new. This was definitely an interesting trip :lol:

We stayed at Coronado Springs, which we haven't done in 5 years since the Disney wedding we went to. I was very happy with the room we got, because it was 9a and that meant close to the food court and "el centro." We were also a couple of minutes from the bus stop and our room was right next to the quiet pool.

My only complaint about this resort will always be the food court. The food is much too expensive for what they give you and the staff is less-than-friendly...oh and that pesky gratuity crap :rolleyes:. So yeah...we only ate IN there once for lunch on Saturday. The other two days we got breakfast to go.

Anyhoo, here are some pictures from there.

100_1512.jpg

100_1513.jpg

100_1522.jpg

It had just finished raining when we went outside to walk to our room

100_1524.jpg

100_1525.jpg

We went to church at Mary Queen of the Universe...got a priest who used his sermon to talk about the church and some other stuff I really didn't listen to :lookaroun

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Then we hit DTD for shopping!

I never noticed these...I think they're great :lol:

100_1549.jpg

And after many attempts, I ended up with this :lol:

100_1555.jpg

100_3476.jpg

My cousin was staying at the Hilton at DTD and was there when we were. We decided to give her our Rainforest Cafe reservations because no way in hell would we wait 2 hours, whereas she just got there when our time rolled around. So we ate at Earl of Sandwich instead :slurp:

Turns out my cousin went there yesterday and has never tasted a better sandwich in her life :lol:

Us in front of RC

100_3477.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
We did Soarin and we weren't able to do the new interactive game because even though the wait time said 30 minutes, it was only 5 :lol: I forgot how much I loved Soarin :D

Then we did Epcot's Character spot because we wanted pics with the characters in their original costumes. Unfortunately, Mickey left for the MK by the time we got to him so nothing with him. We did get these however. I do have to say Pluto and Goofy were great! They really got into it and we all got a kick out of them.

100_1569.jpg

100_1570.jpg

100_1571.jpg

100_1573.jpg

We walked around WS and man did we see the cutest French guy at France :D His name was Guillaume and he was nicer than the first French guy we talked to. We talked about his stay here and he was just :lookaroun

Here's a pic I took either at the UK or France :lol:

100_3479.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
My sister just had to see Voices of Liberty, so we went there, but we were early so we saw American Adventure. I like the additions in the end. Then we saw VoL and I encouraged my sister to meet Dirk, the choral leader or whatever they are called. I had to leave the building or my sister would start cracking up :lol: She said he was real nice and my brother took a picture :)

100_1583.jpg

Comment on crowds: Pretty empty when we were there. We expected much worse, but I guess we got there early enough to beat the crowds.

We had reservations for San Angel Inn and so went to the Mexican pavilion. Of course we had to ride Gran Fiesta :D. We were seated promptly.

100_1588.jpg

Unfortunately, we got seated by the bathroom, but oh well. I really liked the sirloin steak...but my mom failed to inform me that the chilaquiles would come with the really spicy tomatillo sauce she loves so much and had a lot of fun watching me grab for water and burn my tongue. Anyhoo, I liked it and didn't get all the negative reviews...then again what else is new right? Here are pics of us drunken Mayorgas :lookaroun

100_1591.jpg

100_1593.jpg

100_1597.jpg

100_1600.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Went to MK to meet up with Irrawaddy Erik and SpongeScott. I knew my friend Jozy would be there and I ended up inadvertently running into her. Erik showed up at the same time and Jozy and her husband told us they had extra FP's for Splash Mountain, sooo we went. Then Jozy went her way and Erik and I left for Sherman's favorite show ever!!!! :lookaroun

A picture of Jozy and me.

100_3487.jpg

And the Philharmagic musketeers :lol:

100_3488.jpg

100_3489.jpg

We stayed for a couple more hours, and watched Wishes from Cosmic Ray's as we ate. Took a couple of pictures of the castle from that angle.

100_1605.jpg

100_1610.jpg

100_1611.jpg

It was Evening EMH and we got the bracelets, but chose not to stay. We did everything we wanted to do. And my sister had to have her dole whip. I still don't get the fascination with those things. Yes they're good, but I can't have one thing by myself...way too sweet. Oh well :shrug:

The crowds may have been somewhat worse at MK seeing as how the table service restaurants were booked by the afternoon, but we didn't experience very long lines such as in Space Mountain.

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Labor Day we did MGM before going home. Here are some more pics of the hotel from the view we had from our room.

100_1614.jpg

100_1616.jpg

100_1617.jpg

100_1619.jpg

100_1620.jpg

100_1621.jpg

100_1624.jpg

100_1625.jpg

Woo hoo the bus!

100_1626.jpg

The obligatory ToT shot:

100_1627.jpg

Holy moly was it humid! And the mist in the ToT line made it much worse!

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
We had time to kill so we saw Beauty and the Beast. I really thought my pictures were coming out like crap so I stopped when they got to the mob song. But oh well :lol:

100_1634.jpg

100_1635.jpg

100_1636.jpg

I always think they have good Gastons

100_1637.jpg

100_1639.jpg

100_1652.jpg

100_1653.jpg

Did Muppet Vision before our reservations at Mama Melrose

100_1656.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Really liked our meal at Mama Melrose. We had the best and most adorable waiter named Cliff...my sister and I swooned that's how sweet he was :lol:

My parents decided to get themselves Anniversary buttons because it's next month...yeah they cheated but they wanted the buttons. Cliff ended up giving them sparkling wine :lol:

100_1666.jpg

And a picture of us that came out weird:

100_1663.jpg

Comments on MGM: Humid as hell. And I hadn't seen the new configuration at RNRC...I thought it looked a lot better and I forgot how much I liked that ride. Still doesn't top ToT though...and we rode ToT with first-timers. I felt for the little girl who came out like she wanted to cry, but we reassured her that she survived and it's not a big deal.

Also caught the tail-end of the Pep Rally which seemed cool enough.

My complaint: The Villains en Vogue store has really not appealed to me as much as it used to. The store now is mostly composed of Nightmare before christmas and POTC. I liked when there were actually villains represented there. :shrug:

That's all folks. Didn't really feel like taking too many pics this time around. But we're planning our Thanksgiving trip already so that should be fun :D

Thanks for reading :)

Computer Magic

Great Trip Report. Looks like you and family had a great time. Your family seems like they are a lot of fun.

It's also nice to read a trip report without negitives about WDW. That is almost unheard of around here :lookaroun

It would have been perfect if I was was standing there next to your familly at PhilarMagic but I was at the parade :lookaroun

tigsmom

Looks like another great trip! I love how your family likes to hang out together.

And that picture of Scott! :ROFLOL:

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Looks like another great trip! I love how your family likes to hang out together.

And that picture of Scott! :ROFLOL:
Funny you say that...my mom mentioned that she liked how Scott's family and other families had their older children with them and stuff :lol:

SpongeScott

What a good-looking older guy in the middle of the pictures at Philharmagic. :)

I enjoyed CSR more than I thought. Yes, it was big, but not as big as it's made out to be. The lake made for a nice run in the mornings. Your pictures turned out really nice of the resort.

Yay for a good trip for you and your family! :sohappy: And, it was good to see you again, as usual. :wave: :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom