LA Hotels that Inspired Tower of Terror

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
When in LA recently, I had the opportunity to visit two locations that inspired the theming for the ToT.

The first is the Millenium Biltmore in downtown LA. This is where they took the inside of ToT's lobby from.
http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumlosangeles/index.html

ToTHotel1.jpg

ToTHotel2.jpg

ToTHotel3.jpg

The rest of the hotel is very nice too. We actually saw Gary Sinese "Lt Dan!" wandering around but I didn't want to be rude and take a pic.
ToTHotel4.jpg

They had the early Oscars here too. Where's Uncle Walt?
ToTHotel5.jpg

Then there's the Hollywood Tower that's right off the 101 in Hollywood that inspired the outside. Now it's just condos.
ToTHotel6.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the tour.

a2grafix

Very cool, and yes I did stay at the Biltmore once back in June 1999. I never thought that the Biltmore served as inspriation for the Tower of Terror, but now looking at the contract, it sure does.

Oh, and The Biltmore was the sight of where Robert Kennedy was shot in 1968.

Fun2BFree

It's great to think just how authentic ToT is when put next to those interior shots. The imagineers were really on form for that attraction. ;)

Kamikaze

So you saw Gary Sinese, but on a WDW message board, you made a Forrest Gump reference instead of a Mission: Space one? Pfft, fail.

maryszhi

is that walt disney in the pic form the olden days or am i just seeing things. Ive stayed att hat hotel and it has been confusing me......also isnt amazing how the tot looks like both of these hotels/condos

Tom Morrow

I would love to visit the Biltmore hotel, if anything, just to see the lobby.
So you saw Gary Sinese, but on a WDW message board, you made a Forrest Gump reference instead of a Mission: Space one? Pfft, fail.
Every time I ride Mission: Space, I think of Forrest Gump.

Patsc85

is that walt disney in the pic form the olden days or am i just seeing things. Ive stayed att hat hotel and it has been confusing me......also isnt amazing how the tot looks like both of these hotels/condos
Yep! thats def him in the lower right hand corner!

dandaman

Indeed, it does appaear to be him in the lower right. Looks like the quote reads March 4, 1937; ironic that he'd receive an honourary award for Snow White two Oscar nights later.

EDIT: It would appear he actually won an Oscar that night as well, for the short cartoon The Country Cousin.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster

:ROFLOL:

It was a Disney weekend. I saw:

Gary - M:S
Illeana Douglas - RnRC Manager of Aerosmith
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - Star of Disney's "The Game Plan"

There! Better??

Oh and here's a pic of the DW with "The Rock"! She was all flustered afterwards. Thread drift!!
TheRock.JPG

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
Indeed, it does appaear to be him in the lower right. Looks like the quote reads March 4, 1937; ironic that he'd receive an honourary award for Snow White two Oscar nights later.

EDIT: It would appear he actually won an Oscar that night as well, for the short cartoon The Country Cousin.

Yep! That's him, lower right. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom