La Hacienda de San Angel or San Angel Inn Restaurante?

Which is your favorite restaurant?

• La Hacienda de San Angel

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • San Angel Inn Restaurante

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Would like to try one of the two on my next trip but not sure which one. Not that it matters, but which is the one that sits next to the Gran Fiesta Tour? Any suggestions? Which do you prefer?

Last edited:

p.a.m.

I can't call either a favorite unfortunately. Ate at La Hacienda in February of 2016. The service was wonderful. They even moved us (without us asking) closer to a window just before Illuminations started. It's very nice inside, festive and happy feeling. I didn't care for the food though at all. It was really bad. Ate at San Angel Inn in December of 2016. Service was terrible. Food was plain gross. The atmosphere is the star at San Angel. It's really cool to be inside the pyramid. We were seated by the rail overlooking the boat ride. It was fun to be there but we left hungry and had a second dinner back at our resort. To be fair- maybe I just don't like Mexican food?

belledream

San Angel is one of our favorites in the World Showcase. Especially for the setting next to Gran Fiesta Tour. One of the most immersive dining experiences ever! The food can be hit or miss, but we feel the setting makes up for it. Haven't made it to La Hacienda yet - we keep cancelling our reservations in favor of other things, but we've done other World Showcase lagoon view dining and it was very relaxing as well. Depends on what type of experience you want!

Spectro

We hadn't a really nice meal in hacienda was a mix of seafood, corn etc. I wanted to try San angel but I read that someone posted it was very cramped

Disney4family

We've dined at the San Angel Inn a couple of times over the years and La Hacienda once (and won't be back).
Like most restaurants since the DDP, the food and service at the San Angel Inn is hit or miss. Our best meal (and margarita) was before the DDP kicked in. We love the atmosphere of the Mexico pavilion. We do struggle with adding it to our ADRs each trip - should we or shouldn't we try again and go back. We do every couple of years and have an okay experience.
I'm glad people have had great experience at La Hacienda, but we found the food to be barely heated up and the service rushed - and we had the first dinner seating the day we dined there.
We usually grab a nice quick service meal and beer outside at La Cantina instead.
Here are some other reviews -
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=584&title=la-hacienda-de-san-angel&cat=34
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/...ct=97&title=san-angel-inn-lunch-dinner&cat=34

lostpro9het

Would like to try one of the two on my next trip but not sure which one. Not that it matters, but which is the one that sits next to the Gran Fiesta Tour? Any suggestion? Which do you prefer?
Its almost a lesser of two evils so you need to pick your poison. Do you want a great atmosphere with less than mediocre food or do you want some mediocre food with poor atmosphere?
IMO:
San Angel Inn:
Excellent atmosphere
Terrible salsa
Bland food
Poor service and rushed feeling to get us out.

La Hacienda:
Chain restaurant atmosphere (unless its illuminations time and you're fortunate to nab a window seat)
Good service
Better salsa than SAI but that bar is pretty low.
Better food than SAI but again that bar is pretty low.

JIMINYCR

La Hacienda is our preference. We've dined at both many times and have decided to avoid San Angel from now on. The area is extremely cramped, very loud, the service had been substandard the last couple of times and the food quality had been getting worse. If you've never been to San Angel before, then dining with the volcano in the background might be worth the experience of doing it once. There is the mariachi band that comes through the pavilion that adds music to the dining atmosphere, but that doesn't make up for the other poor quality.
La Hacienda has proven itself to us time after time with excellent service and delicious menu items and we find its more worth the dining credits or money paid for the experience.

contrariwise

San Angel is one of our favorites in the World Showcase. Especially for the setting next to Gran Fiesta Tour. One of the most immersive dining experiences ever! The food can be hit or miss, but we feel the setting makes up for it. Haven't made it to La Hacienda yet - we keep cancelling our reservations in favor of other things, but we've done other World Showcase lagoon view dining and it was very relaxing as well. Depends on what type of experience you want!
I agree with this completely.

We ate at San Angel once and we were expecting it to be just ok based on reviews. The setting is magical and the food was very good! The tables are very close together.

I have not eaten at La Hacienda despite having it in my plans multiple times.

Maybe you can look at the menus and see which appeals to you more.

Emadsen

I ate at San Angel Inn for lunch last September. Personally I had a great experience. We went when it opened at I think 11 or 12 and food quality was great. Atmosphere was amazing!

GVentola

San Angel is my favorite. I've never had a problem not liking the food. And, as many others have posted, the atmosphere is just so enchanting! Not liking the food doesn't ruin a restaurant experience for me if it's got great atmosphere and friendly servers. Try adding some Spanish to your conversation with the servers. It's a fun way to learn more about a foreign language. Once I tried asking for a Coke with no ice and accidentally asked for a Coke with no ice cream! Oh, and their cheesecake is the best! I've eaten in the Hacienda restaurant only one time so far. It was nice, but did not compare with the magic of San Angel Inn's atmosphere!

danyoung56

Well, everybody has their own opinions, and you have to weigh them all to make a decision. I've enjoyed many meals at both of these restaurants. San Angel Inn definitely comes out on top for atmosphere - like dining in moonlight. They did a pretty big menu change a few years ago, and now the food is much better. La Hacienda is one of my new favorites. I've dined there maybe 5 times now, and the food and the service have never been short of excellent.

MikeCat95

If you want a better atmosphere, go to San Angel. If you want better food, go to La Hacienda. IMO, La Hacienda has much better food, and it's incredible if you can get a window seat during Illuminations!

JoMarch

I prefer La Hacienda for the food and drinks over San Angel. Although I love the atmosphere in San Angel!

I also liked Frontera Cocina in Disney Springs for their food and drink as well.

Jeff456

San Angel has a great atmosphere (there are a couple of poor tables however) service is pretty slow and the food just isn't for me. I wouldn't eat there again but Mexican isn't my favourite anyway, I haven't tried La Hacienda so can't compare..

bee

La Hacienda by far. We've eaten there twice and really liked our food (though we ordered from the vegetarian menu so maybe it's just better?) and had great service.

Both times at San Angel the service was slow and mediocre and the food was bland. The atmosphere is nice but not enough to make me ever want to come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom