L-Glutamine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gspin2k1

Original Poster
There's a weight training supplement called L-Glutamine, it usually comes in a micronized powder form that looks (and tastes) like flour. I highly recommend taking it before, during, and possibly even after your WDW trip.

Basically people who workout a lot tend to get sick easy because the body is constantly repairing itself and is in a somewhat weak state. L-Glutamine helps the body recover faster as well as boost the immune system. So what this means is, you're less sore, and you recover faster. I take a lot of L-Glutamine when I'm sick and actually it helps me end up with less drastic symptoms and also helps me get over my sickness quicker too. Lastly becuase it boosts your immune system it also helps prevent you from getting sick. BTW a multi-vitamin, washing your hands, and good sleep doesn't hurt either ;).

Anyway my fiance and I on our most recent WDW trip took L-Glutamine before/during/after our trip. She doesn't take it as often as me (cus I workout), but she said she noticed it helped her feel less sore each day (from walking all day long), have a little more energy, as well as after our vacation she didn't feel nearly as tired as she normally would have from a long action packed vacation as such.

Anyway it's easy to pick up this supplement in many different brands at any supplement store. It's also pretty cheap. I recommend the micronized versions cus it stirs easier in drinks and doesnt have a funky taste. I recommend 1-3 teaspoons a day. Seriously it works and I highly recommend it.

~G

justdru

I'll second his statements. However, it's important to note, that you have to treat L-Glutamine like a daily vitamin and you should begin taking it a week or more prior to your visit. It's not an overnight cure for decreased soreness.

L-Glutamine is a naturally occurring amino acid in your body. It's a non-essential supplement for most people as the body produces a necessary amount. However, for bodybuilders, day laborers, or those under uncommon physical stress, such as keeping up with three children in a park full of Disney characters, supplementation of L-Glutamine is vital.

L-Glutamine is routinely prescribed to patients after surgery to help in aiding and speeding up the recovery process. While walking around the parks you are definitely exerting more effort than your daily rate of exercise back at home. This will surely help knock off some of the soreness throughout your trip.

A good tip - I just don't know how many will take it. I just wanted to provide another view!

The Mom

Premium Member
I would prefer that people not use these forums to advocate ingesting certain supplements, drugs, etc. as there is always the possibility that doing so might cause a problem for someone who may be allergic to an inert ingredient, have a bad reaction, etc.

Not everything that is natural is good for you (mother nature is not always kind) so anything not found in your normal day to day foods should be approached with a bit of caution. Even every day foods can be deadly for some people.

This supplement apparently works well for some people, whereas not so much for others. So this is a tip to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt, and at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom