Kudos to the Haunted Mansion gift shop employees

Michaelson

Original Poster
I don't know if WDW folks ever look at these forums, but I wanted to mentioned the fact their employees in the Haunted House gift shops are some of the nicest folks I've had the pleasure to deal with. I tried to find a link of some kind to tell WDW directly, but never found one, so I'll post the compliment here.

Last February we were visiting and made several trips through the Haunted Mansion ride, as well as gift shop. I was really wanting a hoodie for my youngest daughter who, unfortunately, could not make this years trip as she was expecting our first grand child and really didn't want to make the long drive down.

They had a lot of nice hoodies to choose from, but nothing in the size I needed.

On our last night there, I made one more pass through the ship, just to check, when the young lady at the counter, in character of course, asked what she could do for me, as she recognized me from my past visits through during the week. I told her of my quest, and that since there were no hoodies in the size I needed, I was fine in understanding it was just out of stock!

"Oh NO sir, if you'll stand here for a minute, I'll send an fellow cast member to another building and we'll FIND what you want!"

Sure enough after about 10 minutes, here she came with exactly the size and style I was looking for.

I couldn't have been more pleased, and they were honestly happy to take care of my need, even though they were told it wasn't a problem.

So, if anyone at WDW is looking in, you have great folks in that gift shop. Wish I could remember her name, but I was at the end of a 10 day vacation and was at the park everyday from 'can to can't', so my brain was a bit fried and I forgot to look at her name tag.

Kudos, my friends! We'll see you again very soon!

Regards! M

EOD K9

I don't know if WDW folks ever look at these forums, but I wanted to mentioned the fact their employees in the Haunted House gift shops are some of the nicest folks I've had the pleasure to deal with. I tried to find a link of some kind to tell WDW directly, but never found one, so I'll post the compliment here.

Last February we were visiting and made several trips through the Haunted Mansion ride, as well as gift shop. I was really wanting a hoodie for my youngest daughter who, unfortunately, could not make this years trip as she was expecting our first grand child and really didn't want to make the long drive down.

They had a lot of nice hoodies to choose from, but nothing in the size I needed.

On our last night there, I made one more pass through the ship, just to check, when the young lady at the counter, in character of course, asked what she could do for me, as she recognized me from my past visits through during the week. I told her of my quest, and that since there were no hoodies in the size I needed, I was fine in understanding it was just out of stock!

"Oh NO sir, if you'll stand here for a minute, I'll send an fellow cast member to another building and we'll FIND what you want!"

Sure enough after about 10 minutes, here she came with exactly the size and style I was looking for.

I couldn't have been more pleased, and they were honestly happy to take care of my need, even though they were told it wasn't a problem.

So, if anyone at WDW is looking in, you have great folks in that gift shop. Wish I could remember her name, but I was at the end of a 10 day vacation and was at the park everyday from 'can to can't', so my brain was a bit fried and I forgot to look at her name tag.

Regards! M
I don't know the email address off-hand, but if you remember the CM's name, drop them an email. I have usually received a reply and a follow up phone call. The CMs usually get something for their diligence, it may be something as simple as a gift card, but they do get shown something when a guest takes the time to thank them.

Minthorne

At this same gift shop the CM refused to allow my niece to pay with her cash for the item she was buying since I used my DVC member discount. When my niece handed me the money the CM refused to allow it because she saw her give me the money and only I could get the discount. I asked her how she could control my niece giving me legal tender money and to speak to her manager. She the backed off and gave my niece the .70 off her sticker.

Not all CM are made equal. I'm glad you had a better experience.

KLeigh

Whenever a cast member has gone above and beyond I always make a point to stop at Guest Relations on my way out of the park and file a cast member compliment.

Friends of mine currently and formerly worked at WDW, and I know how much those compliments mean to them and their performance reviews. :)

HolleBolleGijs

Technically not allowing someone to pay with cash is a violation of federal law.

The issue wasn't the cash, the issue was the DVC discount. The same policy applies for CM discounts - the person who triggers the discount (DVC member, CM, probably AP as well), must be the one paying for the item. CMs are technically not allowed to give the discount if they see someone else is paying for the item, and that includes cash being exchanged between two people.

At this same gift shop the CM refused to allow my niece to pay with her cash for the item she was buying since I used my DVC member discount. When my niece handed me the money the CM refused to allow it because she saw her give me the money and only I could get the discount. I asked her how she could control my niece giving me legal tender money and to speak to her manager. She the backed off and gave my niece the .70 off her sticker.

The CM was just following a policy. I know it sounds harsh and stupid since it's only $0.70, but the DVC discount is meant for you, not your niece. I'm not trying to be critical or anything; I would totally do the same thing in your position. But the takeaway from this is to make sure cash is exchanged before you get to the register next time.

Minthorne

The issue wasn't the cash, the issue was the DVC discount. The same policy applies for CM discounts - the person who triggers the discount (DVC member, CM, probably AP as well), must be the one paying for the item. CMs are technically not allowed to give the discount if they see someone else is paying for the item, and that includes cash being exchanged between two people.

The CM was just following a policy. I know it sounds harsh and stupid since it's only $0.70, but the DVC discount is meant for you, not your niece. I'm not trying to be critical or anything; I would totally do the same thing in your position. But the takeaway from this is to make sure cash is exchanged before you get to the register next time.

In my many many trips to the world this is the only time it ever happened to me. So that CM was a star for following policy. And apparently profit outranks curtesy in the CM training nowadays.

The take away is it could have been my daughter for as far as the CM knew - so don't try to teach the kid to budget their own money unless you put them on the DVC contract!

marissieviolissie

Wait, there's an HM giftshop?
Have I been so totally blinded by the ghost in my cart that's supposed to stay with me forever during the ride that they made me oversee the giftshop every time?

Seriously, where is the giftshop? :bored:

slipperalwaysfits

Wait, there's an HM giftshop?
Have I been so totally blinded by the ghost in my cart that's supposed to stay with me forever during the ride that they made me oversee the giftshop every time?

Seriously, where is the giftshop? :bored:

Momento Mori, right outside the HM, in the white clapboard house, opposite the Rivers of America. Don't remember the old name of it, but it used to be more of a "New England finds," type shop. It's between the HM and CHH, if you're looking.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Regards! M

For future reference, if you have twitter use #castcompliment to @WDWToday and they will pass it along. A few times I have done this, they have even replied with a pic of the cast member getting the compliment.

Driver

For future reference, if you have twitter use #castcompliment to @WDWToday and they will pass it along. A few times I have done this, they have even replied with a pic of the cast member getting the compliment.
You can also go to guest services and ask for a card. Fill it out with as much info as you care to put down and the cast member will be visited by a manager to be recognized. It is a high compliment for this to happen and much appreciated. It also goes on the CM's record card under guest satisfaction. CM's work hard to bring the magic but most times it goes unnoticed :(

Minnesota disney fan

You could also email WDW customer relations or guest services. I can't remember the exact name, but I have emailed about wonderful cast members before and gotten an acknowledgment from them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom