Kongfrontation

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Is Kongfrontation still open????? I am going to Florida in July and i really would be sad if this ride was closed.

*only 17 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

woofboy111

KEEP KONG OPEN!!!

I think a mummy/scorpion king themed coaster would fit much better in IoA's lost continent than in Universals New york...

Hopefully universal has figured this out...

Ian

Im saying everyone I personally love everything about Universal Studios along with the disney parks but honestly wouldnt it be just stupid to take out a classic...an icon for universal ( Kongfrontation) and put in a coaster of sum sort with a desert feel in the middle of a big city persona?
Spend the money and clean up Kong sum maybe change it a bit into sumthing a little more updated ....DONT KILL THE KONG!

WDWFREAK53

I've been saying that since the day I heard they may close Kong...It just doesn't FIT!!! But...Kong...what a great attraction...spruce it up a bit if you want but DON'T REMOVE IT!

Sketch105

There are many ways to do it. They could theme it to a museum, LIKE the British Museum in the movie, and then you can be transported to the time setting where the Mummy takes place. It's very easy.
Like putting New York next to San Francisco right next to Amity Island.

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Keep KONG open!!!!!!!!!!! This is a classic ride all it needs is a bit of a clean up??!

*only 9 days to go*
(so close i can smell it.......)
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Juggler

The roller coaster rides should remain in IOA. My wife will not go on roller coasters but will go on every thing in US. Kong's a classic ride and should remain. If the Mummy ride has to go in US why not put it in the space land between MIB and Back to the Future. I've seen a map on one of the other forums and they'ed have plenty of room to fit a kong size ride in that space.

KEEP KONG! :mad:

rocketman23

Originally posted by Juggler
The roller coaster rides should remain in IOA. My wife will not go on roller coasters but will go on every thing in US. Kong's a classic ride and should remain. If the Mummy ride has to go in US why not put it in the space land between MIB and Back to the Future. I've seen a map on one of the other forums and they'ed have plenty of room to fit a kong size ride in that space.

Yes, the area between BTTF and MIB is a prime spot for a new ride, particularly the rumored Apollo 13 ride. I hear Kong is a costly ride, which is probably the reason they are considering closing it. I myself hope they build the Apollo 13 ride instead of the Mummy filth. I don't really care where, but it would be nice for Kong to stay.

pheneix

The chances of Apollo 13 happening are pretty much zero. In fact, unless Universal is spun-off of Vivendi soon, the chances of any major E-ticket coming to Universal's are getting pretty grim. Say a prayer that Barry Diller get's complete control of Universal Studios soon, because Vivendi is going to go bankrupt and be sold off in pieces, the writing is on the wall. :(

Back on-topic, the spot between MIB and BTTF can be used for many different attractions, not just one ride. The area is big enough to stick four MIB show buildings in, I would hate to see such a space spent on one attraction, I don't care how big it is.

Legacy

I heard something about a possible flume ride going into that space between MiB and BttF. That is the one thing that US is missing, a water ride. I'm not sure what the theme would be though. I don't care... just put that in there.

JonnyK

Great, I was gonna ride it before they Demolish them in September for a new attraction.

Kongfrontation is a fun ride.. but slow and old, but should be remodeled for a new set.. make it more attractive.

joROurA

Calm Down

People People People!!!
It's Still Open, I Just Went To Orlando I Went On This Classic Ride.
It's Still Open, Nad In Good Condition.
Plus, Why Would They Ever Close Down Such A Classic???
THEY WOULDN'T!!!!
SO SIMMA DOWN NOW!!!
:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom