Kona Cafe to undergo refurb ?

Skywise

Get ready for Connections Cafe 2.0 ugh
Yeah - but Kona never really stood out to me thematically so they can't really screw it up unless they detheme it like they did with the concierge club at Hawaii (and I'm 50-50 that they will) or change the menu (and I really doubt they're going to do that)
(Why they took down the palm fans at the concierge is beyond me...)

Monkee Girl

Shouldn't the food, ya know be thematically appropriate? Mofongo is a Caribbean dish wrong island region ;)

Although more dishes that originated in Polynesia like Musubi, Loco Moco or do something fun and allow the restaurant to recreate plate lunches from Hawaii.
I would LOVE if I saw Moco loco on the menu. I've been making it at home ever since I got back form Hawaii, lol

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You can still get the big kahuna. You just have to ask. Ordered it 3 times this past week. We have gotten it everytime we’ve been there since they took it off the menu.
Hubby always orders it too. The only change since it’s come off the official menu is that you can’t make any substitutions.

marealtor5

Last time we got all sausage. Maybe it depends on who is waiting on you. I don’t know why they don’t just put it back on the menu. Our waitress said it is the most requested dish.

RSoxNo1

This could be for a multitude of reasons, honestly. Last year there was very limited availability at EPCOT restaurants around the holidays as they held everything back for Dining Packages.

This could be a function of them moving people over to Ohana in anticipation of character breakfasts returning or it could be something else entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom