Kona Cafe Switches up Dinner Menu

Minthorne

That's a big change. Ate dinner there in early January and had the Island-style Beef Burger (which is gone from the menu) and at the time I thought the menu looked a little sparse. Lots of new items now, but the prices of some items here are signature level. Wonder how it works with the DDP.

aladdin2007

The french fries look pathetic, (thats the best they can offer??) this is turning into more of counter service quality type food, big thumbs down.

JohnD

Original Poster
Just looking at the dinner prices at Kona Cafe are ridiculous. $42 for a NY Strip? You can get the same at Grand Floridian Cafe for $34. Plus shrimp and grits and other choices. This isn’t The Boathouse. What happened to a simple NY Strip with teriyaki flavor. Sigh...

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Just looking at the dinner prices at Kona Cafe are ridiculous. $42 for a NY Strip? You can get the same at Grand Floridian Cafe for $34. Plus shrimp and grits and other choices. This isn’t The Boathouse. What happened to a simple NY Strip with teriyaki flavor. Sigh...

Don't worry, they just haven't gotten to the Grand Floridian Cafe menu yet.

Jon81uk

I never got round to going to Kona Café, but had planned to on a trip years back as I liked the look of the Asian style menu and the fact the most of the grilled meats also included Asian style additions. This new menu just looks like a very standard steakhouse!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The New York Strip is a Prime cut. The GF Cafe is not. That price is not out of line for a prime NY Strip at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom