Kona Cafe Menu Update

JohnD

Original Poster
Per the Disney Food Blog, at the Kona Cafe,
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...ys-polynesian-village-resort-in-disney-world/

Breakfast
Out: Big Kahuna, Samoan, Steak and Eggs, Blueberry Pancakes, Egg White Omelette

Lunch
Out: Polynesian Plate Lunch, Surf and Turf Burger, Big Island Tacos
In: Island Style Beef Burger, Lomon Grass-Scented Airline (huh?) Chicken Breast, Shrimp Salad with Yuzu Emulsion

Dinner
Out: Same as lunch. And Kona Coffee-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin, Pan Seared Duck Breast, Crusted Lamb Chops

Dessert
Out: Warm Apple Tart, Banana Chocolate Creme Brulee, Yuzo Citrus Tart
In: Te'Fit's Island Mousse, Warm Pear Tart, Mango Cheesecake, Kona Mocha Verrine

There could be other changes not listed.

Gutted! My favourite meal on property has gone! We used to go at least twice every trip - may have to look elsewhere going forward! I wish Disney would realise that there are people who pay out of pocket and are happy to do so for a good quality meal - it is not all about the DDP! Furthermore, not everybody can survive on burgers alone!!!

JohnD

Original Poster
Gutted! My favourite meal on property has gone! We used to go at least twice every trip - may have to look elsewhere going forward! I wish Disney would realise that there are people who pay out of pocket and are happy to do so for a good quality meal - it is not all about the DDP! Furthermore, not everybody can survive on burgers alone!!!

Agree. Big Kahuna was usually my go-to meal because it included everything.

Chef dad

It comes down to cooking seasonally and creativity for the chefs. As a chef I have upset guests with removing menu items, some staples stay, but menus change. It's what drives us to create exceptional experiences

Mr. Toad

Well this makes me sad. The Grilled Ahi Tuna Sandwich is also gone from the menu. We eat here every trip just to get that sandwich. Will probably change our ADR that we have for our trip this fall to somewhere else.

Last edited:

Minthorne

I always wondered what that meant.

Airline chicken is a food dish comprising a boneless chicken breast with the drumette attached. Skin on breast with 1st wing joint and tenderloin attached, otherwise boneless.[1] The cut is also known as a frenched breast.[2] It is also known as "statler chicken," a name which originated from the Boston Hotel Statler, built in 1927 by E.M. Statler.[3] A chicken dish stating it is "Statler" means it is a breast of chicken with the drumette still attached. It can be accompanied by any type of sauces or side dishes.

It should be A Statler Chicken!

statler_400x400.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Airline chicken is a food dish comprising a boneless chicken breast with the drumette attached. Skin on breast with 1st wing joint and tenderloin attached, otherwise boneless.[1] The cut is also known as a frenched breast.[2] It is also known as "statler chicken," a name which originated from the Boston Hotel Statler, built in 1927 by E.M. Statler.[3] A chicken dish stating it is "Statler" means it is a breast of chicken with the drumette still attached. It can be accompanied by any type of sauces or side dishes.

It should be A Statler Chicken!

statler_400x400.png
Just be sure to pair it with a Waldorf Salad...
Waldorf.JPG

21stamps

The tacos and burger were great!!! Lava Roll and Crab Cakes are there...so I'm still good for lunch. My breakfast staples are there as well...but a little disappointed about the blueberry pancakes and omelette. I'm sure they could still make an egg white omelette though.

These sound delicious! I can't wait to see what the mousse looks like!
"New desserts include Te’Fiti’s Island Mouuse, Warm Pear Tart, Mango Cheesecake, and Kona Mocha Verrine"

Last edited:

splashtest

We went a couple of weeks ago not realizing the menu had changed and were beyond disappointment. My husband loved the Ahi Tuna Sandwich and I was in love with the Volcano Roll. Both are no longer. Let's not discuss that they removed the Creme Brulee from the menu too. We have reservation for October that are going to be cancelled. The sushi they now offers is just blah and nothing special. nothing served here that I would go out of my way for anymore. Sad.........very very sad. A hidden gem no longer.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We went a couple of weeks ago not realizing the menu had changed and were beyond disappointment. My husband loved the Ahi Tuna Sandwich and I was in love with the Volcano Roll. Both are no longer. Let's not discuss that they removed the Creme Brulee from the menu too. We have reservation for October that are going to be cancelled. The sushi they now offers is just blah and nothing special. nothing served here that I would go out of my way for anymore. Sad.........very very sad. A hidden gem no longer.
So nothing else on the menu is any good to you or your DH? Nothing? If there is only one item on a menu that you like, then I certainly wouldn't consider it a "hidden gem". Oh, and we still love Kona Cafe, and enjoy many of the different menu items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom