Kodak Bankrupt

lazyboy97o

I always thought that Crayola would be a great fit for Imagination!
I am actually quite upset you said this, due to all of the issues these days with using ideas that could be claimed as not originating with Disney.

The Crayola crayon just uses the sentiment of wide-eyed optimism, creativity and wild, imaginative leaps. It is a tool that readily and easily enables so much!

They're a better choice than Apple because in many ways Apple strives to make its products be like Crayola crayons. Apple wants well built, easy-to-use devices, not ones filled with every crazy new feature. But to many the computer still feels somewhat cold. It lacks of personality, flexibility and life that people still associate with work by hand. So many more people can pick up a crayon and begin to create and understand that process than can with an Apple product. Their public image is also one that has also often been quite rigid and uniform.

And just as a bit of insurance, I am a good bit of an Apple fanboy. I am writing this on my MacBook Pro, have an iPhone, and am even about to purchase a new iMac. I just think they themselves would make for a lousy sponsor of the Imagination Pavillion.

Deadmanwalking

Just FYI...Apple did not invent many of the products that they sell. For the most par Apples entire strategy has been to take an existing product and improve it. The ipod, iphone, ipad, OSX, even the beloved PC are all refinements of existing products.

Not sure if I would say improve it. I think the basic Apple strategy is to take an innovative product, dumb it down so it provides less functionality but is so simple that a monkey can use it and then market the you know what out of it.

Frankly I cringe any time I hear that Apple is looking to purchase another company because I know some product is going to be dumbed down to the nth degree.

DisneyFan 2000

You are aware that Apple did not invent the MP3 player.
Much like Disney didn't invent the amusement park? Who comes first is hardly meaningful when it comes to innovation. It's about staying fresh and relevant, Apple does that and could probably do the same with a Epcot pavilion.

It could be that I was missing the point you were making, in which case feel free to ignore me...

Clever Name

My idea for the Imagination Pavilion is that is would cater to people riding ECV’s. People in ECV’s would not have to park their vehicles. They would drive right into the pavilion and their ECV would be loaded onto an Omnimover platform. Guests without ECV’s would ride in regular Omnimover cabs. Once everyone was seated in the Omnimover, each guest would be sorted as to height and weight and broken down into categories of normal, overweight, obese and morbidly obese.

Those people in the normal group would take a short route on the ride and be rewarded with a big plush Figment. Those people in the overweight group would go on a longer ride showing them how to lose some of that extra weight they’re packing around. Those in the obese group would see detailed images of dissected cadavers showing how excess weight kills people. The morbidly obese would see the same show as the obese group but they would also get a stern lecture from Dr. Mehmet Oz complete with a detailed dissection of a fat cadaver and each would get a carton of cigarettes as a parting gift.

The pavilion would have multiple sponsors including Slim-Fast, Phillip Morris, Batesville Casket Company, Cherokee Child Casket Company and the Mettler Toledo Scale Company. :wave:

raven

I would love it if they added something more in that large space. A movie, a ride, maybe both.

They have. It's called "Epcot Maintenence Storage." :lol: Actually it is the best place for all of the giant storage needs without having to build a separate facility elsewhere on Epcot property. That place is HUGE!

As for a sponsorship for Imagination, I would think any future sponsor of this area would have the "Mission:Space" effect (tearing down the old and building the new). This building is so old and lack of maintenence would nearly have an effect on a companies decision to sponsor it. In my opinion it would be easier to start over again if this happened.

JimboJones123

Apple held a presser just this week bragging about how much cash they are swimming in.

Stock jumped 4000% the past decade.

That all said, Disney's HUGE dependence on HP would block anything from ever happening in a heartbeat.

janoimagine

Yes. It was an 8 pound wonder ! It's also ironic that they shelved the digital camera because their marketing 'experts' warned them that the digital camera would cannibalize their photo processing and film sales worldwide ! :brick:

Funny, I know ... 8 pounds, 1.3 megapixels. I had one of the first Apple Digital Cameras ... the Quick Take 100, built by Kodak in 95' at a whopping 640 x 480 res. Crazy times.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I am actually quite upset you said this, due to all of the issues these days with using ideas that could be claimed as not originating with Disney.

The Crayola crayon just uses the sentiment of wide-eyed optimism, creativity and wild, imaginative leaps. It is a tool that readily and easily enables so much!

They're a better choice than Apple because in many ways Apple strives to make its products be like Crayola crayons. Apple wants well built, easy-to-use devices, not ones filled with every crazy new feature. But to many the computer still feels somewhat cold. It lacks of personality, flexibility and life that people still associate with work by hand. So many more people can pick up a crayon and begin to create and understand that process than can with an Apple product. Their public image is also one that has also often been quite rigid and uniform.

And just as a bit of insurance, I am a good bit of an Apple fanboy. I am writing this on my MacBook Pro, have an iPhone, and am even about to purchase a new iMac. I just think they themselves would make for a lousy sponsor of the Imagination Pavillion.

Sooo why are you upset by my post? :shrug:

TropicalFig8

I've heard rumors of Lego sponsoring Imagination. I think Apple would be a much better sponsor.

Dreamfinder needs the imagination app to track sparks. :lol:

uklad79

I've heard rumors of Lego sponsoring Imagination. I think Apple would be a much better sponsor.

Dreamfinder needs the imagination app to track sparks. :lol:

Lego would be great they all about kids imagination in building things.

Apple are saving all the cash to buy the USA not a tiny pavilion. Good bye big Apple, hello HUGE Apple.

bhg469

Lego would be great they all about kids imagination in building things.

Apple are saving all the cash to buy the USA not a tiny pavilion. Good bye big Apple, hello HUGE Apple.

Do you think they will start with iDaho or iOwa?

I doubt lego since they sort of have their own thing going on.

Again I really wish it was google, they are just an amazing company and not so greedy when it comes to products.

uklad79

Do you think they will start with iDaho or iOwa?

I doubt lego since they sort of have their own thing going on.

Again I really wish it was google, they are just an amazing company and not so greedy when it comes to products.

Touché it may cause a few problems with iLlinois

Google have the team to create some interesting stuff for a pavilion but I feel it will be all touch screens. Plus they don't have any tangible products really which is not common for a sponsor so what would they get from it?

lazyboy97o

Sooo why are you upset by my post? :shrug:
Because there is a lot of legal risk in Disney using ideas that have been publicly stated in a forum such as this. If Disney saw your idea posted here it essentially kills it as an actual possibility because Disney would fear being sued.

maxairmike

Touché it may cause a few problems with iLlinois

Google have the team to create some interesting stuff for a pavilion but I feel it will be all touch screens. Plus they don't have any tangible products really which is not common for a sponsor so what would they get from it?

Well then it's a match made in heaven with TDO and NextGen! :zipit:

Thrill

Double agreed. Does anyone know how much a potential sponsor would have to sink into a pavilion? It seems like it would be a lot of jack to do one right; presumably why several of them don't have sponsors. Apple, Samsung, LG, Microsoft, Sony would all be great fits for Imagination but, in today's economy, I just don't really see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

Apple's got cash. Over a year ago, I remember seeing something to the tune of $60 billion. If I remember right, I saw something last week of them having close to $90 billion, and it's starting to burn a whole in their pocket. Plenty of money for a theme park sponsorship, but I'm not sure if they would want to spend the money there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom