Knott's, Disneyland & Scary Farm in One Day?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Thinking of Doing this in October. Start in the morning at Knott's, take a break in the afternoon, visit Disneyland in the evening and then head to Scary Farm.

Is this realistic to do? I want to see these Knott's attractions and I know not all are open during Scary Farm:

- Stagecoach
- Mine Train
- Log Ride
- Pony Express
- Calico Train
- Independence Hall
- GhostRider
- Maybe some of the other coasters and Supreme Scream

When it comes to Scary Farm, I'm not interested in all the mazes (Dark Ride for sure if they bring it back!), just seeing what it's like. Is the Boo-fet worth it?

Phroobar

If there wasn't God awful traffic between Knotts an DL when you want to jump back and forth it might be doable. I'd say hit DL for the morning then Knotts by about 1 pm for rides and Haunt. Of course most rides are open during Haunt with no line.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
If there wasn't God awful traffic between Knotts an DL when you want to jump back and forth it might be doable. I'd say hit DL for the morning then Knotts by about 1 pm for rides and Haunt. Of course most rides are open during Haunt with no line.

Is the Mine Train open during Haunt? The website doesn't say yet (not until August 30th).

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Why would you want to put that pressure on yourself? You'll spend a lot of the day traveling instead of enjoying yourself at the parks. Not to mention the ticket prices..?

Not sure about you but i'd get high anxiety.

No! Bad idea! Haunt is a major event making traffic worse than it normally is (which is horrible on a normal day). You will waste your time in a car going back and forth to both parks! Knotts Scary Farm is a separate ticket event in the evenings so you would need to buy 2 tickets. Knott's Scary Farm is extremely popular, it's best to get there early in the evening. The last few years Knott's is overselling the Haunt tickets and you stand in line for over 2 hours per ride. Not worth it! If you want to do multiple rides you have to buy the expensive front of the line passes. If you're not into the mazes I would not go to Knott's during the Haunt days. It's way too crowded! If you have to do both parks I would do Knott's in the morning and DL afterward.

Phroobar

Why would you want to put that pressure on yourself? You'll spend a lot of the day traveling instead of enjoying yourself at the parks. Not to mention the ticket prices..?

Not sure about you but i'd get high anxiety.
BWQt.gif

BubbaQuest

I can't say how bad traffic is during Scary Farm. Does anyone know if you could go directly to the back parking lot on Western? Might save you some time (Katella to Western instead of dealing with Beach Blvd.).

If you really want to do it, I'd recommend the Knott's Express pass. It won't help for Scary Farm, but will help for the morning rides. Pony Express is a very slow loader and the Log Ride is always busy. For the price though, it's probably cheaper to just go another day.

Ismael Flores

The parking in Knott's could be quite a bit confusing but i have found that the parking next to the hotel works great. The one in the back of the park is very convenient if they have the back gate open but the problem is that they don't have parking spaces marked clearly on the dirt so guests sometimes take up more space then they should and the parking fills up fast in areas.

Oh by the way, if you can afford it buy the fast lane pass for Knott's. The park is fun but it has really bad attraction management. They normally have the least amount of working so loading takes forever. You could be in a line that has only a couple dozen people and still wait 30-40 minutes.

This weekend we were in line to get in the Voyage 3d ride for the first time. Thought it would be great with a short line. the line only went up to the second switch back right next to loading. We actually waited 35 minutes to load. This is a ride that has two cars loading at a time with a capacity of 8 people total and is continuously loading. The one worker was walking around handing out glasses while the cars left the load area empty and then he would fill the cars up with two three people. By the time i got to load the line had gotten so big that it went into the indoor queue.
The same goes for every other ride, you can literally walk around the park and think some coasters are down because you see a car being dispatched and then not see one for 5 minutes.

The park has a small town carnival feeling which is great but is way to relaxed when it comes to operations for rides and it causes a nightmare for guests waiting in long lines for no reason.

So get the fast lane pass if you can, it does help.
with that said i wouldn't do all three things in one day, the price of the tickets and the long lines as well as the hassle to park all you will do is spend more time driving around then actually enjoying the park.

if you really want to do both then just do Disneyland all day and head to Scary farm at night but even then its not worth it

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I'd say hit DL for the morning then Knotts by about 1 pm for rides and Haunt. Of course most rides are open during Haunt with no line.

This is what I will probably do. Knotts from 2:00pm-5:00pm, have the Boo-fet dinner and then Scary Farm afterwards (with Fright Lane).

I won't be driving, but taking a cab or Uber once each way from my hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom