Kitchen Kaberet vs Food Rocks (Fantastic Quality Vids Included!)

Kitchen Kaberet vs Food Rocks

• Total voters

Chrononymous

I was recently trying to explain to someone why Kitchen Kaberet is my most missed attraction.

It was hard to put into words, until I watched it again recently (and cried...because I was so happy to see it again. Yes...I am that pathetic.)

It's because it was really well designed and written.
The music is catchy, the script is funny, and the show is deliberately corny and dated.

By dated...I mean it is truly a vintage Music Hall/vaudville/caberet type stage show. It has the early twentieth century (1930's) style music and personalitites...and this was built in the 1980's.

But it proves that some theatre styles never really go out of style. The Muppets did a TV variety show version of the same sort of schtick in the 70's and it still looked fresh. (which is why I love them too!)

The Imagineers took a chance with making KK a vintage style show,with it's throwback classic "old timey" music and my thought is that it looked like a timeless classic when it premiered.

on the other hand, the Food Rocks show was based on music styles and personalities that were popular at that moment, which weren't going to remain popular forever.

I thought some of the puns were mildly amusing, but overall, the show didn't seem like it had much thought put into it.

And it didn't make me laugh out loud.

EPCOTPluto

I would also say KK because of the uniqueness & creativity, but I would say FR! because it was the first time I remember such a show.

Oh, and enjoyed it. :lookaroun

KingdomHeart

I super agree with a lot of what's being said.

KK was always seemed intentionally dated sounding, which made it classic. FR seemed dated when it opened, and not intentionally. I also thought FR was very...90s. "Give Us Junk" was sort of overly intense.

I just still can hear KK in my head when I think about it whereas with FR I just hear the songs its based on.

-Nicholas

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Maybe it was because I wasn't there to see it in person (Too young:dazzle:) but Food Rocks was by far my favorite show. I still sing the tunes actually. haha

Astro_Digital

I was recently trying to explain to someone why Kitchen Kaberet is my most missed attraction.

It was hard to put into words, until I watched it again recently (and cried...because I was so happy to see it again. Yes...I am that pathetic.)

It's because it was really well designed and written.
The music is catchy, the script is funny, and the show is deliberately corny and dated.

By dated...I mean it is truly a vintage Music Hall/vaudville/caberet type stage show. It has the early twentieth century (1930's) style music and personalitites...and this was built in the 1980's.

But it proves that some theatre styles never really go out of style. The Muppets did a TV variety show version of the same sort of schtick in the 70's and it still looked fresh. (which is why I love them too!)

The Imagineers took a chance with making KK a vintage style show,with it's throwback classic "old timey" music and my thought is that it looked like a timeless classic when it premiered.

on the other hand, the Food Rocks show was based on music styles and personalities that were popular at that moment, which weren't going to remain popular forever.

I thought some of the puns were mildly amusing, but overall, the show didn't seem like it had much thought put into it.

And it didn't make me laugh out loud.

Well said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom