News Kipling at Disney Springs to close this weekend

Epcot82Guy

I wish Disney Springs would get Famous Footwear or some other shoe store. My son's sneakers ripped on our last trip and we couldn't find anything for him other than Crocs.
With the sqft rental price (assuming it stays or goes up), any mid or lower-tier brands won't be able to afford space. DS is designed for high/higher end only (in its current form, of course). I do agree some service-based and affordable lifestyle stores could be a great add (like a Warby Parker . I sadly just don't see them coming (which is sad, especially given how popular Uniqlo has proven to be).

Bocabear

I wish Disney Springs would get Famous Footwear or some other shoe store. My son's sneakers ripped on our last trip and we couldn't find anything for him other than Crocs.
there is a huge outlet center a quick Uber ride from Disney... Very close. Also a Target, WalMart... You can get out of the bubble easily with an uber...
I don't think I want to see every store I have at home in Disney Springs...it should be unique and special...not the usual....

MrPromey

With the sqft rental price (assuming it stays or goes up), any mid or lower-tier brands won't be able to afford space. DS is designed for high/higher end only (in its current form, of course). I do agree some service-based and affordable lifestyle stores could be a great add (like a Warby Parker . I sadly just don't see them coming (which is sad, especially given how popular Uniqlo has proven to be).
I think for a lot of people, Uniqlo is still pretty unique since there aren't many in the US to begin with. I think they work in Disney Springs because while they may not be priced for high/higher end, they still have the destination feel of something out of the ordinary.

... I'm sure Disney would be happy to see them stop undercutting them on Disney branded merch, though, if they could make them.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

I think for a lot of people, Uniqlo is still pretty unique since there aren't many in the US to begin with. I think they work in Disney Springs because while they may not be priced for high/higher end, they still have the destination feel of something out of the ordinary.

... I'm sure Disney would be happy to see them stop undercutting them on Disney branded merch, though if they could.

Agreed (and apologies if my post suggested otherwise). I actually think Uniqlo is a great example of what Disney Springs should be (or at least be more of). Brands unique to the market, accessible price point, etc. It sells a balance of merch to take home - as well as some staples you could use at the Parks/Resorts if you forgot something.

They do undercut a bit, but it's easily the store I visit most at Disney Springs. Absent current Disney leadership, that should be viewed as a plus.

MrPromey

Agreed (and apologies if my post suggested otherwise). I actually think Uniqlo is a great example of what Disney Springs should be (or at least be more of). Brands unique to the market, accessible price point, etc. It sells a balance of merch to take home - as well as some staples you could use at the Parks/Resorts if you forgot something.

They do undercut a bit, but it's easily the store I visit most at Disney Springs. Absent current Disney leadership, that should be viewed as a plus.

Think I might have just misunderstood but I think we're in 100% agreement, here.

(It's my favorite, too)

matt9112

there is a huge outlet center a quick Uber ride from Disney... Very close. Also a Target, WalMart... You can get out of the bubble easily with an uber...
I don't think I want to see every store I have at home in Disney Springs...it should be unique and special...not the usual....

Cant it be unique and not high end? I mean they could (if they actually wanted) come up with unique spaces that are more value oriented....this Dosen't mean cheap....just less designer. The fact is they dont want to. Nothing wrong with disney magic that isn't beating your wallet with a sledge.

In fact i enjoy the disney section in target for this reason. But i visit the springs for the disney....not the brands inside...for the unique disney experience....

Walt d

Maybe Kelly Slater. Can get some of his borads in there. I really want a omni. At a discount of course! Then put one of his wave pools near by. With just lefts please’

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I a big fan of Kipling and have been for years. It is very water resistant and their material is very thick. They have their own stores up here and are carried by Nordstrom’s and Macy’s and Von Muier. They are not cheap but quality and light weight. the handles are thick and very soft woven cotton which is great for the cross bodies, string backpacks and my under the seat bag when I fly. Most of mine are not Disney but I do have a few

Best under seat bag. So many compartment areas keep you organized and zippers are quality also.

7085FF00-E1C6-449E-8FD3-63FB8EC4A3E5.jpeg
43BDF5FA-6218-4C72-AA64-935DB90C96EB.jpeg
EFB855E9-3F3F-445F-8AD3-DA35CAA5766F.jpeg
78A20862-38E1-4BD1-AC13-98AB8959393D.jpeg

String backpack

2D739F51-1778-4145-A772-4E98CF78B9A4.jpeg

And a few cross bodies that are wide enough for my iPhone.
04E2AA8E-B393-41AB-A4A2-669BB17FFA24.jpeg

NelleBelle

I a big fan of Kipling and have been for years. It is very water resistant and their material is very thick. They have their own stores up here and are carried by Nordstrom’s and Macy’s and Von Muier. They are not cheap but quality and light weight. the handles are thick and very soft woven cotton which is great for the cross bodies, string backpacks and my under the seat bag when I fly. Most of mine are not Disney but I do have a few

Best under seat bag. So many compartment areas keep you organized and zippers are quality also.

View attachment 525269View attachment 525270View attachment 525271View attachment 525272
Love the "under-seat" bag you have! Might be time to retire my Vera Bradley tote I use for under the seat! I have an Alice in Wonderland Kipling cross-over bag that I love. It's plenty big enough to carry what I need in the parks (although, now that I'm using an insulin pump and need to carry extra supplies for that, might not be big enough). Sad to see the Kipling store go. I was really wanting to pick up some more Disney-themed bags or hoping for some new themed bags when we go in a few months 😩 Guess I'll have to resort to Macy's or see if Kipling.com has anything I like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom