Kingdom Tower changed to Bay Lake Tower

tdonald

Original Poster
Looks like the name of the still-unannounced DVC Resort at the Contemporary has been changed from "Kingdom Tower" to "Bay Lake Tower"

Any thoughts?

Figment76

Oh, thank goodness. Kingdom Tower just sounded...I don't know - pretentious or something. Bay Lake Tower is kind of blah, but it's definitely an improvement.

brkgnews

If memory serves me correctly (that's pretty big frickin IF ;)), the name "Bay Lake Tower" had been mentioned in the official filings as the name that was also reserved in the narrow chance that DVC ceased to be and the building was run by someone else. Doubt that's the case here. Either A) the site referenced got a bit confused about the dual names in the documents; or B) they just changed the name for the heck of it.

urbanvegan

Very good news. Kingdom Tower never really fit. The word "Kingdom" to me implies either fairy tales or Jeebus stuff, neither of which fit the Contemporary vibe.

brkgnews

Random point of order... early name considered for the Contemporary was the "Tempo Bay Hotel"

Back to your regularly-scheduled thread.

Fun2BFree

I like the new name too, but I still feel that 'Tower' sounds a bit off. I would have preferred 'Wing' or 'Resort', despite the tower-ness of the building. :shrug:

There is no tower. Just ask any DVC CM.

To quote Ben Kenobi: "That's no DVC resort. That's a battlestation!"

DisneyJunkie

Even as a Jehovah's Witness I can see the ridiculousness in having to change the name of the tower. I don't know of anyone who would or could confuse a vacation resort in Disney World with one of our places of worship. Come on!

SSE

I like the Bay Lake Tower name a lot better than Kingdom Tower. Sounds much better for a resort, but we could have also been stuck with a name like Dream Tower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom