Kingdom of Dreams

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Welcome one and all to Kingdom of Dreams,the crown jewel of Blue Sky Resort, the newest resort in the Disney lineup. This Resort is designed to be bigger and more magical, different concepts will be explored without restrictions ( keeping it family friendly of course.). Kingdom of Dreams is the Magic Kingdom style park of this resort and it is huge. ( I've created this resort as a setting for a story based on an Alternative universe of our world.) 10,000 acres are set aside for this park,6000 are in use currently. Kingdom of Dreams is also used to give visitors a taste of what is offered in the other parks in the resort , some of it's lands are the birthplace of concepts that are taken to higher levels in other parks in the resort. Kingdom of Dreams is in the center of the resort complex with the Castle being the exact center

Transport and
infrastructure

Kingdom of Dreams has two major surface lots - one for each entrance, after you park in one of the sections trams will take you to the TTC, The TTC is the gateway to Kingdom of Dreams. The Stations for the modes of transport are glass- victorian inspired on the north entrance and more whimsical on the south entrance. You can get to the park by Monorail, Boats, Skyliner, People Mover and Moving Walkways. Buses are used in peak times (Ttc will be described in a later post.

LANDS
You will find all sorts of lands here. This is a theme park full of worlds to explore. ( As a side note- I'm looking two more regular lands inside the berm Can be in between any lands- I'm looking for suggestions.)

A.Main Street USA. - Explore small town usa in it's heyday, This land is filled with things that represent classic american things This is the northern entrance
HUB- This is the hub of the hub and spoke design- it is a garden paradise, with things around the edge that help with the transion into the land that sits beyond - the hub is kinda half a land.
1.Paradiseland- Explore the beach .
2. Oceania- Explore the ocean
3.Adventureland- Go on wild adventures through the jungle and desert.
4. Frontierland- The Wild Wild West is yours to tame.
5.Land Of Legends - a area where folklore legends come to life
6. Liberty Square Explore Colonial America
7.New Orleans Square explore the Bayou.
8 Chinatown Chinese American/ Chinese culture gets the spotlight here,
B Buena Vista Street- Entry area number 2- the eastern entrance
9. Critter Country- A land based around the Pacific northwest
10.Fairyland/ Pixie Hollow
A place where fairies roam and you get to enter their world
11.S.K.Y ( name to be decided) The headquarter land of S.K.Y
12.Fantasyland - The Classic land makes a return
13.Mythos Explore different myths from around the world
14. Art themed land ( looking for name suggestions) - explore the different genres of art
15.S.E.A.M (Name to be decided) The headquarters of S.E.A.M
16. Music themed land (name to be decided)
C. Celebration- Southern entrance land. Florida themed
17 Pure Imagination an imagination themed land
18.Candyland a sweet tooth's paradise, it's like walking into Willy Wonka's factory.
19.Holidayland- A land that lets you experince the holidays all year round
20.Eden This is a respite land in the park- It has a few rides on the outskirts to mark transitions. It's one of the smallest lands in the park
21 S.E.A The headquarters of S.E.A
22 Old Hollywood - Look at the world of old hollywood back in the golden age
23. Muppets Studios Look at the muppets, Light the lights and come see their specific brand of zaniness
24. Toontown- See where toons of all shapes and sizes live. There is a tunnel that separates this from Discoveryland
D. Progress City- EPCOT original concept inspired entrance land Western entrance
25 Walt's land A land celebrating the creator of this magical place.
26 Discoveryland This is kinda like Paris's tomorrowland- Steampunk
27Tomorrowland Retro Sci fi
28. Big City USA- based off the concept for disneyland. This is a big city- with adventures based around attractions - this is also to help set the scene for the marvel land
29 Progressland Look at the progress we're making, and what's to come
30. Starland- Go to space in this land
31. TBA
32. TBA

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Welcome one and all to Kingdom of Dreams,the crown jewel of Blue Sky Resort, the newest resort in the Disney lineup. This Resort is designed to be bigger and more magical, different concepts will be explored without restrictions ( keeping it family friendly of course.). Kingdom of Dreams is the Magic Kingdom style park of this resort and it is huge. ( I've created this resort as a setting for a story based on an Alternative universe of our world.) 10,000 acres are set aside for this park,6000 are in use currently. Kingdom of Dreams is also used to give visitors a taste of what is offered in the other parks in the resort , some of it's lands are the birthplace of concepts that are taken to higher levels in other parks in the resort. Kingdom of Dreams is in the center of the resort complex with the Castle being the exact center

Transport and
infrastructure

Kingdom of Dreams has two major surface lots - one for each entrance, after you park in one of the sections trams will take you to the TTC, The TTC is the gateway to Kingdom of Dreams. The Stations for the modes of transport are glass- victorian inspired on the north entrance and more whimsical on the south entrance. You can get to the park by Monorail, Boats, Skyliner, People Mover and Moving Walkways. Buses are used in peak times (Ttc will be described in a later post.

LANDS
You will find all sorts of lands here. This is a theme park full of worlds to explore. ( As a side note- I'm looking for two more entrance lands and three more regular lands - I'm looking for suggestions.)

Main Street USA. - Explore small town usa in it's heyday, This land is filled with things that represent classic american things This is the northern entrance
HUB- This is the hub of the hub and spoke design- it is a garden paradise, with things around the edge that help with the transion into the land that sits beyond
Paradiseland- Explore the beach and the water- Discover the lost city of Atlantis
Adventureland- Go on wild adventures through the jungle and desert.
Frontierland- The Wild Wild West is yours to tame.
New Orleans Square explore the Bayou.
Liberty Square Explore Colonial America
Chinatown Chinese American/ Chinese culture gets the spotlight here,
Fairyland/ Pixie Hollow A place where fairies roam and you get to enter their world
S.K.Y ( name to be decided) The headquarter land of S.K.Y
Fantasyland - The Classic land makes a return
Mythos Explore different myths from around the world
S.E.A.M (Name to be decided) The headquarters of S.E.A.M
Candyland a sweet tooth's paradise, it's like walking into Willy Wonka's factory.
Holidayland This is a respite land in the park- It has a few rides on the outskirts to mark transitions. It's one of the smallest lands in the park
S.E.A The headquarters of S.E.A
Mickey Avenue Meet the Mouse that started it all This is the southern entrance
ToonTown Come to where the cartoons come to life-
Old Hollywood Look at the world of old hollywood back in the golden age
Walt's land A land celebrating the creator of this magical place.
Muppets Studios Look at the muppets, Light the lights and come see their specific brand of zaniness
Discoveryland This is kinda like Paris's tomorrowland- Steampunk
Tomorrowland Retro Sci fi
Progressland Look at the progress we're making, and what's to come
Now that there's a clearer list of what the lands are, I'd like to say that some of these lands might work better as sub-lands. Mickey Avenue for example could very well be a street on Toontown, itself a sub area of Old Hollywood.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Now that there's a clearer list of what the lands are, I'd like to say that some of these lands might work better as sub-lands. Mickey Avenue for example could very well be a street on Toontown, itself a sub area of Old Hollywood.
That makes more sense. I could make Mickey Avenue the Eastern entrance area and have it be a street that leads into ToonTown and then into Old Hollywood, ( the eastern and western entrances aren't as grand as the northern and southern entrances) . I want to add Land of Legends in between Frontierland and Liberty Square, this will focus on more American Folklore. I also want to add Discovery Bay in between Holidayland and S.E.A
I have added Three new lands and made the changes to Old Hollywood.
Does anyone have any entrance land ideas for the south entrance?

Last edited:

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Now, should I include Marvel and Star Wars outside of the berm or inside?

While I think on that, let's address the TTC
The TTC is a busy space- It sits on the edge of two bodies of water, A river empties into the lake that reaches to the entrance plaza associated with Main Street. A river breaks off from the lake about midway- making a path to each entrance and leaving room for the expansion pads. The first thing you come to is Tram stations- The glass can change to not blind the guests with sun. The trams serve the parking lot- they do not have a corresponding station to take you to the Kingdom.
Next is one of three
Boat Docks, this one is Northern Resorts- This dock serves boats making trips to and from the Northern area resorts that are on the water. Opposite this Boat Dock is Northern Monorail Loop. This monorail loop services the northern area of the resort, At the Midway point of the TTC Boat Dock to Rest of the Resort- These boats leave on a schedule and make a loop to the other entrances to Kingdom of Dreams.- To finish up the water side Boats to Kingdom of Dreams The dock takes up the corner of this area. Turning to the right of the docks you come to Skyliner to Kingdom of Dreams- It's the Skyliner station- taking guests to and from the Main Street entrance plaza. Turning to the middle area- you encounter a PeopleMover and Moving Walkway Station. This brings you across the land to the entrance plaza. On the other corner- you've got The Kingdom of Dreams Monorail Loop. Turning back to the midpoint you have Northern resort Skyliner. Below that is The Northern Peoplemover and moving walkway. That completes the Transport options. Ticketing happens via kiosks and Human manned booths. These are in the middle of the area. Theres various carts around as well as restrooms next to the skyliner stations.

Twilight_Roxas

It could sorta be in since kids like to dream & imagine being their favorite superheroes plus Disney can’t use the word Marvel due to Universal, and some like to dream going to a galaxy far far away. Plus Disneyland has Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and Hong Kong Disneyland has Stark Expo a Marvel area so both Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and a Avengers theme area could fit in a Magic Kingdom style park.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
It could sorta be in since kids like to dream & imagine being their favorite superheroes plus Disney can’t use the word Marvel due to Universal, and some like to dream going to a galaxy far far away. Plus Disneyland has Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and Hong Kong Disneyland has Stark Expo a Marvel area so both Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and a Avengers theme area could fit in a Magic Kingdom style park.
I definitely want to include both in the Kingdom, just the question would they make more sense outside the berm.
Also the setting of this park is set in an AU- one of the things changed is that disney holds the marvel theme park rights, as well as they got HP instead of Universal- they also got Nintendo instead of Universal.

Twilight_Roxas

Depends on the lands count, and both Marvel & Star Wars are in a Disneyland style park. Can’t wait to see what you plan for the nighttime shows.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
There’s also IPs from 20th Century Studios, and Blue Sky Studios that could somewhat fit in the Kingdom of Dreams.
20th century will be getting it's own park- I'm looking for less IP in this park as a whole- only using them in lands where they really fit. Marvel and Star Wars and HP have proven to stand the test of time.

Suchomimus

For both- they just got the theme park rights.
I'm sorry but this something that should not exist. For one, Disney already has already some much under its banner; 4 movie studios that have been merged plus The Muppets and its own; so there's no need to outsource for a 3rd party IP, let alone two. Secondly, both IPs are far too important for Universal's development into what it is today, that it just wouldn't be for Disney to acquire them and make them viable for them. Without Universal acquiring them, devoting to and adding them to their parks, we wouldn't have the likes of New Fantasyland, Pandora, or Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. Plus, 3rd party IPs tend to have a more lasting impression with the globe than the mouse. I don't intend to start an argument with my criticisms nor am I trying to throw a stink for the sake of doing such. I'm liking this resort so far as overly ambitious as it and I think that thinking things out better would really help (like, do we really need both Discoveryland and Discovery Bay (which inspired aspects of Discoveryland)?).

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
I'm sorry but this something that should not exist. For one, Disney already has already some much under its banner; 4 movie studios that have been merged plus The Muppets and its own; so there's no need to outsource for a 3rd party IP, let alone two. Secondly, both IPs are far too important for Universal's development into what it is today, that it just wouldn't be for Disney to acquire them and make them viable for them. Without Universal acquiring them, devoting to and adding them to their parks, we wouldn't have the likes of New Fantasyland, Pandora, or Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. Plus, 3rd party IPs tend to have a more lasting impression with the globe than the mouse. I don't intend to start an argument with my criticisms nor am I trying to throw a stink for the sake of doing such. I'm liking this resort so far as overly ambitious as it and I think that thinking things out better would really help (like, do we really need both Discoveryland and Discovery Bay (which inspired aspects of Discoveryland)?).
I understand your points. I know how much disney has under it's umbrella, but I'm taking a bit of creative liberty- especially with HP because of how close it came to actually being part of Disney World. This is set in an alternative universe in which because of certain things that happened , even with the globe having these two ips- it wouldn't hold a candle to Disney Parks. Advancement and development aren't as tied to competition in this AU- Development is spurred instead by wanting to make the parks better for guests
I have been second guessing Discovery Bay since I put it in there, I'll take one of them out.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
While I think on lands, Let's explore the Entrance Plaza

You decide to take the peoplemover. Two tracks run- one going from the ttc to the plaza- and the other going from the plaza to the TTC . Moving walkways run between the two tracks. The area is tree lined to block the view of the monorail . Soon you reach the entrance plaza. All of the transport comes in before you pass through Security. Seructy is a simple bag check, with scanners if needed. You pass through security and enter a small area with essentials - There's a guest relations office, a set of restrooms, a few ticket booths ,a small shop selling park essentials, a small quick service. All have the same glass look as the TTC. After you pass through the Mickey Tapstilles, you are greeted by 8 tunnels under train tracks and a Mickey Floral on a green slope separating the tunnels in two groups of four.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom