Kingdom Keepers movie?

DonaldDuck34

Original Poster
I've heard rumors on the web that there may be a kingdom keepers movie. I have also been on Ridley Pearson's website and he said that disney is looking it over for the possiblities of making it into a live action movie. Does anyone have any information on this? I would love for them to make a movie about it. I would love to audition for it also.

darthjohnny

I hadn't heard anything about anything, so I checked out his site. If you were refering to what Ridley Pearson wrote on his blog on August 8th, I think he really meant that if there is enough interest in the book, it might grab Disney's attention and they might consider a possible movie. But I don't think they would make a movie about this. It would be interesting if they made a miniseries or something like that for the Disney Channel/ABC/ABC Family though.

How so? It would bring great publicity to the parks and it is a really great book.:shrug:

Yeah, but think about it... does Disney really want to show pirates and iasw kids coming to life? Or show some of the secrets behind the "magic" of the Magic Kingdom? Or reintroduce Malificient, et al, as really 'real' evil characters who want to do evil things (as opposed to the MNSSHP-type evil characters who glare at you but don't really want to kill you)?

I liked the book and truthfully, I'd love to see it as a movie, but Disney would have to think long and hard about how it would present WDW and Disney characters in general.

DonaldDuck34

Original Poster
I know it would scare kids but honestly it would make a great movie. And they could take out the scenes that ruin the magic and it wouldnt take anything away from the flim.

disneyfan1149

I've heard rumors on the web that there may be a kingdom keepers movie. I have also been on Ridley Pearson's website and he said that disney is looking it over for the possiblities of making it into a live action movie. Does anyone have any information on this? I would love for them to make a movie about it. I would love to audition for it also.
go redsox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and im going back in winter 09 too!:sohappy:

rbrower

Did Ridley Perason ever wrtie a sequel to Kingdom Keepers. he said he was a long time ago. Guess i should go look it up, unless anye knows!
Yes, Kingdom Keepers 2: Disney at Dawn was released late last month (August 26). I thought that it was a very good read and I recommend it. :) :)

Disney_Hay

Yes!

Kingdom Keepers is heading to the big screen! They started auditions in September and ended at late October. The movie is planned to hit theaters sometime between mid-2009 to late-2009. Hope this helped!:sohappy:

actorboye

liar

Kingdom Keepers is heading to the big screen! They started auditions in September and ended at late October. The movie is planned to hit theaters sometime between mid-2009 to late-2009. Hope this helped!:sohappy:

ok. first of all, i checked imdb about a millian times and if this was true, it would be there. they display movies a year before they hit theaters and it would be there because its already summer of 2009. second, i've spent 3 hours on ridleys official site and he said that they have not even gotten the rights yet from disney. so....its VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for what you have said to be true. :)

DonaldDuck34

Original Poster
ok. first of all, i checked imdb about a millian times and if this was true, it would be there. they display movies a year before they hit theaters and it would be there because its already summer of 2009. second, i've spent 3 hours on ridleys official site and he said that they have not even gotten the rights yet from disney. so....its VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for what you have said to be true. :)

I was gonna say the exact same thing lol

MinnieMouse1992

Hopefully Hiring

Ridley Pearson has a sight for the books he may publish into movies and if you sign his petition then the books we hope to see as movies will come out and any lucky person could be cast as an actor or actress would be able to see themselves on live T.V.

It would be a great movie, but getting Disney to do it would be hard...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom