Kim Possible Game at Epcot

Gorjus

Original Poster
It is getting very close. Staff training has begun. You can see them in the parks. Testing has begun. Cast walking around with what looks like a flip phone, but has a thin blue thingy hanging off it. Now I know why they built all these circular cobblestone cul de sacs all around WSC. There are carts there now and the carts appear to be the places to pick up the phones to begin the game. I've seen the "reveal" at France and UK...very cool. I don't know the date, but these are the developments I've seen.

Atomicmickey

opening dates?

We'll be down there November 16-23, does anyone know if this will be
up and running by then? Sounds like a perfect attraction for my kids
to do around World Showcase . . .

I've been searching around to try to find a "debut" date, but there doesnt'
seem to be anything beyond "late fall" (which, I'd think, is when our trip is!)

Thanks!

Brian_WDW74

According to MousePlanet, there's no deposit required. They recently had an interview on their podcast with Jeannette Lomboy-Russo, show producer for the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. Here's part of their written summary of the interview:

The attraction is included in the price of admission to the park because the Kimmunicators aren't real cell phones any more; then only function within the parameters of the attraction. During the playtest, a deposit was required for the device because it used a real cell phone. Now that it's a more specialized device, there is no deposit and no fee. Even small children or grandparents can be the ones using the Kimmunicator.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Cost is FREE, included with admission.:sohappy:
This is a new Attraction, not something separate.

Wow! I did not know that. We'll be there for 10 days in mid-December. Looks like we'll be trying this out in Epcot several times! :sohappy:

EpcotServo

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

All I can say is that we ARE SO LUCKY this is making a comeback in a bigger form. We're all in for a real treat.
:D

MythBuster

The unofficial start date is Nov.12, but it could change because of unseen developments or further testing.

When you sign up at the cart, you will be assigned a time and place to play, similar to like a fast pass.

Then you go to your assigned cart at the assigned time and that is when you receive your Kimmunicator and which pavilion which to play at. You can only do one pavilion at a time. So when you finish, you have to sign up again to play another pavilion and you will be put in the virtual queue again.

Bug715

The unofficial start date is Nov.12, but it could change because of unseen developments or further testing.

When you sign up at the cart, you will be assigned a time and place to play, similar to like a fast pass.

Then you go to your assigned cart at the assigned time and that is when you receive your Kimmunicator and which pavilion which to play at. You can only do one pavilion at a time. So when you finish, you have to sign up again to play another pavilion and you will be put in the virtual queue again.

Really? I was hoping you'd be able to pick up one (if it was at a certain time ok) and just walk around world showcase and play all countries then turn it back in.

hnp929@optonlin

I will be leaving on the 28th with my 8 year old son and 2 of his classmates.They would love to try this.PLEASE post as soon as it is up and running.:wave: We can only hope for a soft opening next week.:shrug:

Brian Noble

I was hoping you'd be able to pick up one (if it was at a certain time ok) and just walk around world showcase and play all countries then turn it back in.
That's what I had in mind too, but now that I think about it, this makes more sense---you want to make sure that not too many guests are trying to do the same quest at the same time, or those who are a little bit ahead can inadvertently ruin the fun for those coming along right after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom