Kilimanjaro Safaris

Al

Original Poster
As soon as AK opens, head for KS. We did this, and had to wait for about 10 mins. We got off, and the waiting time had significantly increased. Try to get there for before the park opens, what we did was have breakfast at the cafe next to KS. Also, in the morning, there are more animals out because they can stand the heat.

:D

kal1484

I agree!! We always do this. The only time it didn't work is when I was with my band, and almost all of us went there, all 300 people. The poor people who weren't with us...

EmeraldDolphin

We're planning to go to AK for the early entrance day, and head directly to the safari... is it open at that time? ... for early entrance?? thanx :)

tenchu

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
We're planning to go to AK for the early entrance day, and head directly to the safari... is it open at that time? ... for early entrance?? thanx :)

It should be open first thing, definately the best time to go.

Remember, head for the top left corner of the park! :lol:

kevlightyear

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin

Yes, it's open, but I'd be careful. AK is notorious for having a poor entrance, which causes major backups. We got there before 8 when the park was supposed to open for guests, and it was packed back in front of the ticket offices. This caused major problems once the turnstiles opened. We headed straight for KS simply because it was either that or It's Tough to be a Bug. When we got there, the line was already back to the Dawa Bar. While it was a quick moving line, it still took us a good 20-30 minutes at least. It also didn't help that people didn't really know what the line was for. They would move to the front of it to see what is was, realize it was so long, and instead of going to the back, just squeeze in. What do you think the line is for people?! There were bunches of families just walking past us, and no many walking back the other way. All I'm saying, is that if you're gonna have early entry for a park, make sure there are more than two rides open.

Ok, rant over. . . .excuse my bitterness

The Rick

The mornigs are good I will agree, but late evening is the best if you want to see the hunting cats come out. If you go right before closing, I mean like minutes before they stop letting people into the line, and wait for the last truck (not that long if you went in with a few minutes till closing) you will get to see the lions playfighting with each other. I once got a Lion King picture with both of the lions standing side by side on the rocks looking out. It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. Also you get a chance to see the leopard walking around. I once saw it running full ot in the trees. So if you do the morning safari go back to your hotel and chill until the park has about and hour till closing then go in and ride CTX a few times then head to the back and do the safaris you will not be disappointed.

The Rick

PhotoDave219

For you safari photographers... grab a fast pass on the way in.

Then ride it again on the OTHER side of the vehicle, good for shots.

GaryT977

I took one of the AK tours last summer, and it drives the staff nuts the way every one heads straight for the safari. That's what the tour guy said, anyway, although the same thing happens with Test Track...

Damico

Ks was loads of fun when we did it 24th of december....we went 5 years ago in the summer hardly saw anything but this time we saw animals all the time and we vowed to never go again during rthe summer heat :)

JackSkellington

KS is the premiere attraction at AK now that Dinosaur is scheduled to go under the knife for rennovations. That means that almost the whole park guests will head there or ITTBAB. But most people will hit KS. This makes it the goldmine of rides very soon, and long lines, and all FP's gone will happen. Watch out, it is about to become very popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom