Kilimanjaro safari while pregnant?

ELG13

Original Poster
I've ridden it multiple times anD I'll be 7.5 months pregnant when we go. I know it's bumpy but......it says you shouldn't ride while pregnant. I'm not sure I fully understand and am wondering if that's just them covering their butts or what???? Has anyone done this ride while pregnant??? I'm not trying to be that crazy lady , but just more trying to make understand it...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I would ask your doctor if a very bumpy, jarring truck ride is a problem. I suspect most pregnancies there wouldn't be an issue, but if there is, Disney is making sure they've warned you.

JIMINYCR

When I have ridden it it does seem that they have toned down the rough ride somewhat, but if it were me, I dont think I'd take a chance on anything that remotely could affect the baby. Why take a chance... unless you want to have the notoriety of being the first person to have a baby delivered mid safari ride.

Lilofan

When I have ridden it it does seem that they have toned down the rough ride somewhat, but if it were me, I dont think I'd take a chance on anything that remotely could affect the baby. Why take a chance... unless you want to have the notoriety of being the first person to have a baby delivered mid safari ride.
That would be breaking news like the Mickey baby born by a toilet at MK a while ago.

ELG13

Original Poster
There's an idea 😆

ELG13

Original Poster
Yeah I mean I'm not really planning on riding, I guess I was just wondering more for curiosity. I kind of found it surprising that it was on the list but not really from a CYA perspective on Disney. Where I live there are some roads that seem to be bumpier than the Safari. I doubt they would even let me on truthfully.

JIMINYCR

Yeah I mean I'm not really planning on riding, I guess I was just wondering more for curiosity. I kind of found it surprising that it was on the list but not really from a CYA perspective on Disney. Where I live there are some roads that seem to be bumpier than the Safari. I doubt they would even let me on truthfully.
Disney has gotten law suits for lesser reasons. CYA notices are everywhere.

RememberWhen

I rode this while pregnant with both my kids, but I was 1st trimester, not showing, and have roads that bad at home. I probably wouldn’t do it 7.5 months because of the baby being big enough to really bounce around and that being uncomfortable. Definitely talk to your ob/midwife/care person and see what they say about theme park rides and then use your best judgement.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Its them covering their butts and also its BUMPY and you said you've been on it multiple times so you should know just how BUMPY it can get.
We are not talking a pot hole in a car. We are talking about being jostled pretty good.
At 7.5mos pregnant I certainly wouldn't do it and chance throwing myself into early labor while trying to enjoy my trip to WDW.

*ETA* It kills me that you even asked this question after in another thread you explain that your last pregnancy ended in a hospitalization at 30 weeks and you're concerned that you may even have to cancel this trip last minute in case something like that happens again yet you're sitting here considering going on KS.

Last edited:

FettFan

I've ridden it multiple times anD I'll be 7.5 months pregnant when we go. I know it's bumpy but......it says you shouldn't ride while pregnant. I'm not sure I fully understand and am wondering if that's just them covering their butts or what???? Has anyone done this ride while pregnant??? I'm not trying to be that crazy lady , but just more trying to make understand it...

Aside from having to be evacuated, I don't think there's much of a problem. The worst jumping and jarring segment (the poacher chase) is long gone.

Victor Kelly

Pregnant women should not ride warning = pregnant women should not ride.

Seems simple enough.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    489.2 KB · Views: 401

Club Cooloholic

Since the ride is driven by a driver and I have had some that drive faster and some some slower, it does not have the consistancy that you get from a tracked ride. I would say it is more than them covering their butts, especially since like each driver is different, each pregnancy is too.

macefamily

Why ? I understand you may feel left out by not joining your party on a ride, but why jeopardize your baby ?
It's a ride. You'll be back with the kids in the future.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Waiting in line for Star Tours years ago, I once saw the cast members in a flurry around a young pregnant woman. I would guess she was somewhere around six-seven months, and they had a section of the hallway sectioned off right before you go into the ride. The lady was laying on the floor, where people usually stand in line, and she was in pain and not looking good.. I don't know what happened, if she had been on the ride, or just been in line. But after seeing that, I realized that those signs of when not to go on rides should be taken seriously and not blown off. If she had just been in line, and something happened, what would have happened if she had been on the ride? If your not a local, traveling and staying at DW, can be a physical undertaking for anyone, and is total out of your normal routine. What might be similar to things you do at home, might have a different effect after walking all day, sleeping in a new place, being jostled multiple times on different rides, a change of diet, the heat, and how easy it is to get a little dehydrated. No one thing might be a problem, but lump all the stresses together can be rough on any person let alone someone in their third tri. Please take it easy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom