Kilimanjaro Safari changes starting this week??

The new version should end with captain America taking over the jeep and informing everyone we would be now chasing kang the conquerer who is planting some time manipulation device somewhere in haramba. It would instantly become the most popular ride at Walt Disney world with wait times exceeding five hours.

:goodnevil
:ROFLOL:

For God's Sake, the freakin' music is still there! I think this has come up in all three of the current safari threads. I don't know why it's so darn important to everyone, but the music is still there, so let's stop mourning something that's not gone!

:sohappy:
Thank you so much for saying that!

scoobygirl39541

For God's Sake, the freakin' music is still there! I think this has come up in all three of the current safari threads. I don't know why it's so darn important to everyone, but the music is still there, so let's stop mourning something that's not gone!

wow geez, I haven't seen or read through "all three of the current safari threads". I just assumed the ride would be getting a whole new sound makeover. Sorry I don't have time to sit here and read every single post on this board. :brick:

aladdin2007

:eek: no reason to have a fit!

Prototype82

I loved the story and I'll be forever irked by this change. I'm counting on Jim Cameron to make up for this in another area of the park...

Wannabe Walt

As of now, Kilimanjaro Safaris is in a limbo phase. The changes seen are not the end product, but a really crappy middle product. Zebras are expected later this fall (Sept/Oct) as well as possibly some other animals.

As of now, the drivers are each left to figure out their own plot/story for the ending (if they want one). Some drivers are still saying its a two week safari, but most are not. There is nothing to "cut the two weeks short" now. The poachers camp and such is very much gone for now, but it is expected to return somewhere around the Elephants or White Rhinos exhibits -- poaching is still a very real problem, but it is no longer the central core of the attraction.

Some people have also been talking about the "Rickety bridge" not working any more. I've heard that it is functioning, it just does not right now because too many drivers were not trained on the bridge while it was broken down. Hopefully it will be up and running again soon.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Can anybody tell me if the African music is still being played on the safari?? Thanks!!

Sometimes it really does pay to read the thread.

Wannabe Walt

The music is there as a vocal break for the drivers. Also, when the tilting bridge is working, the music helps cover up the screams from the truck ahead so that it is more of a surprise.

Tip Top Club

Can anybody tell me if the African music is still being played on the safari?? Thanks!!

Very Funny.

Sorry for being a , everyone.

Anyway, I intend to head out there at some point tomorrow, I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride since the changes since now it REALLY is different every time, you can tell the drivers have a new script, but many of them are ad-libbing it completely. It's been fun.

Based on what I've heard, I would be shocked if the tilting bridge returned, that's not to say that it's out of the question, but it seems like it would be unlikely based on future changes.

Minnie1976

I am trying to be understanding about children who found this frightening in it's last iteration, but I can't. As a young child, I found the mounted trophy heads at CBJ scary. My mother just told me to stop being silly, no feeding my drama and no marching down to Guest Relations with righteous indignation.

Seriously, some parents are out of control. I remember reading a post on the Disney Parks Blog last year about SotMK and someone was complaining there were too many villians and their precious snowflake would be frightened.

I liked the bumpy ride and the chase. This is one of my top 5 favorite rides.

Anyway, I will check it out and see what I think of it then.
I'll ditto that post. I don't understand the whimpy parents and kids these days.

jasonfresta

well... we got to ride Kilimanjaro for the first time a few days ago... gotta say.. boring. very cool to see the animals and we got some really great videos... but there was just no climax. perhaps had i not known that there was some kind of excitement element to the ride in the past.. i wouldn't think much of it...

...but i have to agree with some of the people in this thread... soccer moms and whimpy kids have ruined another one.

FEAR is a character builder...

Tip Top Club

well... we got to ride Kilimanjaro for the first time a few days ago... gotta say.. boring. very cool to see the animals and we got some really great videos... but there was just no climax. perhaps had i not known that there was some kind of excitement element to the ride in the past.. i wouldn't think much of it...

...but i have to agree with some of the people in this thread... soccer moms and whimpy kids have ruined another one.

FEAR is a character builder...

This wasn't a reaction to a guests problem, this was a core shift in message, they would rather showcase more animals, then showcase human problems.

djkidkaz

Tearing up the geysers:
http://twitpic.com/9q0pw8
587899160.jpg

MaryJaneP

While I support the "anti-poaching" message, I doubt the change will alter the safari experience (seeing the animals). I'm just surprised that no-one has posted that this change is the final straw, they are never gonna visit wdw again, and they are cancelling/not-renewing their AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom