Kids Stay and Play Free....anyone????

mickeysshoes

I wish my kids were still yound enought for me to take part.....we are nearing the age when they will need to start paying for their own trips!!! :) which means ADULT only trips for me and DH!!!!:p

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Not personally, but I am helping a co-worker plan a trip and it looks like this will be the best deal for his family.

Nice! It is a great deal! For us being a family of four its great! We figured we couldnt pass up a deal to go for cheaper than we usually go; so we said why not?

Upvote 0

Dinardo

Is it my imagination, or do kids stay free with paying adults anyway?

So basically, kids just play free.

The room rate doesn't change because you have kids, does it? ( I understand if you have 6 kids in one room maybe). Whether you have 1 adult or a family going, the room rate is the same right?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is it my imagination, or do kids stay free with paying adults anyway?

So basically, kids just play free.

The room rate doesn't change because you have kids, does it? ( I understand if you have 6 kids in one room maybe). Whether you have 1 adult or a family going, the room rate is the same right?
You are correct. The room prices does not change by adding children. The skinny of this promotion is free base tickets for kids 9 and under. If you have 2 kids 9 or under this is a great promotion for this with a 10 and 8 year old not so much.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
You are correct. The room prices does not change by adding children. The skinny of this promotion is free base tickets for kids 9 and under. If you have 2 kids 9 or under this is a great promotion for this with a 10 and 8 year old not so much.

Right! thats why we're taking advantage of this; our girls are 8 and 3. :D

Upvote 0

lebeau

And in your particular case it is just shy of a 100% room discount....not too shabby.

Yeah, for the relatively narrow group of people who can fully take advantage, it's a great deal.

If they offer this again in a few years, I may very well take advantage of it myself.

Upvote 0
I will be taking advantage of this we are taking our 3 and 1 year old in september and even though I wont save all that much...I can take my DD ti bibbidi bobbidi boutique for her 4th birthday and get the works...with what I will save....Sept 18th

Upvote 0

sbkline

I will be taking advantage of this we are taking our 3 and 1 year old in september and even though I wont save all that much...I can take my DD ti bibbidi bobbidi boutique for her 4th birthday and get the works...with what I will save....Sept 18th

So you're only getting free tickets for one child for 7 nights, is that right? It may save you more money to take advantage of this discount:

Get late summer savings for stay dates 8/14/11-10/1/11. Save 20%-40% off regular "Rack" room rates. Percent off varies by resort type. Some dates will be blocked out. Rates not available for all dates and resorts.
  • Save 20% at All Star Movies
  • Save 25% at select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Save 30% select Disney Moderate Resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort
  • Save 35% at select Disney Deluxe Resorts
    [*]Save 40% at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
    [*]You can add tickets and dining plans at full price to these special rates to make a vacation package.
    Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

Your current discount saves you more money the more kids you have along. This discount saves you more money the longer you are staying, and depending on what level of resort. In your case, since you have only one child who requires theme park admission, and are staying 7 nights, then depending on what resort you stay in, it would most likely save you more money than one free child ticket would cost you.

Upvote 0

micknminnie

We were going for free dining and when this promo came out switched as we are a family with three children under 7. I added QSDP and we are still saving $500 which works out nice.

Upvote 0

lebeau

So you're only getting free tickets for one child for 7 nights, is that right? It may save you more money to take advantage of this discount:

Get late summer savings for stay dates 8/14/11-10/1/11. Save 20%-40% off regular "Rack" room rates. Percent off varies by resort type. Some dates will be blocked out. Rates not available for all dates and resorts.
  • Save 20% at All Star Movies
  • Save 25% at select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Save 30% select Disney Moderate Resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort
  • Save 35% at select Disney Deluxe Resorts
    [*]Save 40% at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
    [*]You can add tickets and dining plans at full price to these special rates to make a vacation package.
    Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

Your current discount saves you more money the more kids you have along. This discount saves you more money the longer you are staying, and depending on what level of resort. In your case, since you have only one child who requires theme park admission, and are staying 7 nights, then depending on what resort you stay in, it would most likely save you more money than one free child ticket would cost you.

When I ran the numbers for my co-worker who had 2 kids between 3-9, the "kids stay and play free" deal was only beneficial because he was staying 3 nights. When I ran the same number for a full week, he was better off with a room-only discount.

Definitely run the numbers for both offers!

Upvote 0

4everDory

It is a GREAT deal, especially if you missed out on the free dining, but still want to go. I've booked it for 3 of my clients, just in the past week or so :)

Upvote 0

Patty16

Going to Disney at end of April

Planning a Disney trip April 28 to May 3. Is this a good time to go? I always to at the end of August and was just wondering if April -May will be very crowded?

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Planning a Disney trip April 28 to May 3. Is this a good time to go? I always to at the end of August and was just wondering if April -May will be very crowded?

For 2011, it will be VERY crowded during that time, as Easter falls on April 24th.

Typically, when Easter is in March or early April, that would be a great time to go as most school breaks are over by then.

Upvote 0

lebeau

There's a chance we may be using this offer after all!

I've been planning not to go back for a while until our kids are older. However, my wife's niece has never been. Her parents are best described as "ne'er do wells". Long story short, the only way this child will ever get to go do Disney World is if we take her.

Not being made of money, I'd always lamented that I didn't think we'd be able to afford to bring along an extra kid on one of our trips. But this morning, it occured to me that one of the major obstacles (an extra set of park tickets) could be wiped out by this offer.

If we drive, the only additional expense is her food and any souveniers we buy. That's still a pretty sizeable expense, but I think it's doable.

If we go, it'll be a shorter trip than we usually take. Having just taken a big trip with little kids last year, I'm in no hurry to do so again. But this is an opportunity to do something good AND go to Disney at the same time! :eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom