Kids Options on the DDP---Starting Jan 1, 2020

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Hi. Does anyone have any experience with a child on the standard dining plan since January 1 that can share some insight on any of these situations: I was just thinking with all the changes of the DDP (children QS credits now separated, etc.), I was wondering about specialty drinks with a children's QS or TS credit since they are not on the kid's menu. For example, can kids still get frozen drinks with QS and other specialty drinks at TS (i.e. the frozen drink at Skipper Canteen or milkshake at Sci-Fi)? Also, can I just order children's meals at Be Our Guest at breakfast and save the adult credits for lunch? I am not asking to get around Disney's policy, but I am not a breakfast food eater and would like to use a child portion and not have to use an adult credit to do so or I rather not order anything at all.

Last edited:

LALA2020

I've been wondering this too. I asked Disney and was told my child could still get a speciality drink but I'm reading more and more that this isn't the case and wondering if I was misinformed. Hopefully this will bump your post and someone else will have some info.

Weather_Lady

Just found this... if it's correct I can live with the meal changes. The fancy ***** are very important to my son!

LOL - what got bleeped!??! This makes your son look like quite a rebel. 🤣🤣🤣

Hcalvert

Original Poster
My son was able to get specialty drinks on the DDP at the restaurants that we ate at during our January trip about a week ago. I asked the server at Jungle Canteen (I paid OOP) and she said that kids can still get a specialty drink on the DDP.

Hcalvert

Original Poster
We had a problems at BOG at breakfast and lunch---because I ordered a child meal like I am supposed to for my son, all the meals were ringing up as child meals even though the other two were only on the adult menu. They had to cancel the orders both times and reenter them, put my magic band number in the computer to process the order. They told me they had to do that for every person who had a kid's meal with their order since the changes on Jan. 1 as it was a glitch in their system. I hope that it will be remedied by my March trip.

DisneyDreamer08

My daughter got a frozen lemonade at Yak and Yeti on the dining plan. They brought her a large adult size by accident. She was happy 😂
This was a few weeks ago.

nickys

Premium Member
The latest I have seen is that there is no leeway with credits.

A child credit must be used for a child meal, and an adult credit must be used for an adult meal. The system will not allow an adult credit to be used for a child meal.

Cannot answer about the drinks. The exchange of a child QS credit for snacks seems to be still up in the air. One or two people reported they could, the vast majority have been told no exchange at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom