Kids meals

Fran98765

Original Poster
We are taking our now 10 year old son to Disney. We haven't been since 2010 and he eats a lot more since then. We mostly eat at QS places and we are wondering how big the kids meals are. Are they big enough for a 10 year old with a good appetite or will we need adult meals for him?

He is somewhat picky, will not eat outside of the regular American type fare ... burgers, pizza, mac n cheese, etc.

We were looking at going to: Columbia Harbour House, Electric Umbrella, Cosmic Rays, Studio Catering Co, Restaurantasaurus and others still undecided.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They are fairly normal in size so it is probably going to be a 50/50 shot depending on how much your son eats. If he is currently eating adult meals at most fast food places I would lean toward him eating adult meals at WDW. However, if you will be on the dining plan it is a moot point as a 10 year old is considered an adult on the DDP.

Fran98765

Original Poster
we are trying to figure out whether to get the DDP. if he gets kids meals, it isn't worth it, but if he will be getting adult meals anyway, then we will probably get DDP. We rarely go to fast food places at home but on the rare occasion, he does eat kids meals at McD's, BK, etc. At regular sit down places he is fine with the kids meals too.

Thanks for the input. :)

Hayfam

I currently have a son the same age and it depends on where we go, what menu he eats off of. I would say Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bills (the kid menu burger with fries) and he loads his burger at the condiment bar. This always seems to be enough. However other places that only serves carrots and grapes it just doesn't fill him up. Hopefully this helps. Have a great trip!

Figgy1

Premium Member
We are taking our now 10 year old son to Disney. We haven't been since 2010 and he eats a lot more since then. We mostly eat at QS places and we are wondering how big the kids meals are. Are they big enough for a 10 year old with a good appetite or will we need adult meals for him?

He is somewhat picky, will not eat outside of the regular American type fare ... burgers, pizza, mac n cheese, etc.

We were looking at going to: Columbia Harbour House, Electric Umbrella, Cosmic Rays, Studio Catering Co, Restaurantasaurus and others still undecided.
If he is a big eater as mine is he will eat an entire adult meal!!! Now that my youngest is 10 he is charged for an adult meal at ts restaurants! That's ok because we really made out like bandits til this year! LOL The places on your list sound perfect for him!

bethymouse

My twins are 8. They are different as night and day!:) One eats like a bird, the other like a horse! The kids meals are fine for my "little" one and he's picky!:eek: But, my "bigger" guy loves to eat, and usually eats some of ours! LOL!:D That's why we usually go for all you can eat buffets. But the quick service meals have enough "extras" to keep their tummies full.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom