Kids Florida Resident Ticket

bgraham34

Original Poster
I have a question. I am going to be taking my nephew who lives in Florida to Disney in Dec. If his parents buy the 3 day Florida Resident pass for him will it be an issue with me taking him in since I am from out of state and his parents wont be there?

Epcotfan21

Does your nephew happen to have a passport or ID that shows him as a Florida resident? If so, bring it and there won't be an issue. If not, it might get tricky. Luckily since there is enough time between now and December, I would suggest to his parents to get him a passport or Florida ID and that way you won't have to deal with the hassle of proving he's a Florida resident.

Haylo

Just as an fyi - passports don't show which state you're a residence of, only the state of birth. State issued ID would be the way to go in this case.

Epcotfan21

Disney does not validate child FL resident tickets. No ID necessary.
I think this would be the case if the OP was a Floridian, but since he isn't, I'm not sure the Disney ticket rep is going to just take his word that his nephew is in fact from Florida when he goes to exchange the pass.

FrostyNaples

I think this would be the case if the OP was a Floridian, but since he isn't, I'm not sure the Disney ticket rep is going to just take his word that his nephew is in fact from Florida when he goes to exchange the pass.

Actually, have witnessed the process first hand for many years, and following current Disney Policy - Child FL resident tickets are not checked for ID. There is not a 'word for it' involved.

Have a magical day!

Epcotfan21

Actually, have witnessed the process first hand for many years, and following current Disney Policy - Child FL resident tickets are not checked for ID. There is not a 'word for it' involved.

Have a magical day!
Not that I don't believe you, but what's from stopping non Floridians from doing this on a regular basis? I mean, if this is the case, every family from out of state can just purchase a children Florida resident ticket in advance and then turn it in at the window and Disney won't question it? If true, this is a great way for shady people to save some money.

FrostyNaples

Not that I don't believe you, but what's from stopping non Floridians from doing this on a regular basis? I mean, if this is the case, every family from out of state can just purchase a children Florida resident ticket in advance and then turn it in at the window and Disney won't question it? If true, this is a great way for shady people to save some money.

I would be willing to bet this happens all the time. Big picture, it's not affecting Disney sales.

Usually the FL resident tickets have a nice price break for a 3 day ticket. So, getting the kids in there for a longer duration, most certainly overcomes the slight admission discount. Just look at the normal discounts from a 7 day to 10 day ticket... the longer the time frame its almost nothing to upgrade another day.

Being as they do not card children tickets, there is ultimately no way to determine the statistics on the matter. It's a minority case anyways..

My point is, this is a non-issue, really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom