Kids do the Darndest Things

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I felt like posting something to get the positive juices flowing. Do you have a particular memory of seeing your kids do something really funny or have something happen to them, that could only happen with a kid at Disney?
For me it was when my daughter, who was not quite 4 yet but was able to get to do the Jedi Training Experience took to the stage. At the part where the kid vanquishes Darth Vader, instead of going back to the rest of the line, my child walked forward and proceeded to a do a little dance that included a twirl. It was one of the greatest things I ever saw and the guy that was running the training(an aussie I believe) get enough of it either. Afterward she was like a little celebrity with people that watched it saying it was their favorite thing they had seen.

MickeyLuv'r

Not my kids but...

It used to be that the first AM guests in certain locations every morning got extra attention from the CM's. One of those locations was a store that had a large display of plush Mickeys. We once saw the CM's pose a toddler in the middle of the plush Mickeys. The Mickeys were almost the same size as the toddler. I think that display area is long gone.

I also happen to think one of the best deals in all of WDW is (or at least was) the silhouettes made on Main Street. I haven't priced them recently, so I don't know if they are still a good deal, but they used to be very reasonable. I'm sure they aren't completely unique to WDW either, but I don't recall seeing them elsewhere. I think they are way cooler than any photo.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Not my kids but...

It used to be that the first AM guests in certain locations every morning got extra attention from the CM's. One of those locations was a store that had a large display of plush Mickeys. We once saw the CM's pose a toddler in the middle of the plush Mickeys. The Mickeys were almost the same size as the toddler. I think that display area is long gone.

I also happen to think one of the best deals in all of WDW is (or at least was) the silhouettes made on Main Street. I haven't priced them recently, so I don't know if they are still a good deal, but they used to be very reasonable. I'm sure they aren't completely unique to WDW either, but I don't recall seeing them elsewhere. I think they are way cooler than any photo.
I have only seen those at Disneyland. Where can you get them at WDW? Anyone know?

TKTC

We were at MK for EMM. . .after doing all the rides first thing, my wife wanted to have our boys dress up (we don't have any daughters, so she is missing out on the princess dresses). One had a generic prince costume, one had a Prince Charming costume. They were both big hits, with Cinderella asking for a picture with only Prince Charming. Outside, we rec'd tons of attention from the wandering cast members, with them coming up to us to get pictures.

Second good memory is one of my kids tempting fate at the jumping water fountains at Epcot. Using an iphone camera, I was able to get the exact moment that he got hit right in the head with the water. Great picture.

MickeyLuv'r

I have only seen those at Disneyland. Where can you get them at WDW? Anyone know?

Silhouettes? They are offered on Main Street. It is in a little alley near the store that now sells the high-end clothing and pocketbooks. The Silhouette stand is beside/behind the stand that sells Caricatures. I also think they are only open during certain hours.

(The WDw webpage also says there is a silhouette stand in the Disney Spring Marketplace. I vaguely recall walking past it, but I don't recall where it was.)

MomofPrincessGrace

Not my kids but...

I got a caricature done of my daughter on our trip last year. It is my most favorite mothers day gift I ever received. I will try to remember to take a picture of it tonight to post tomorrow. The artist got everything perfect, even down to the custom design on her t shirt. I think it was around $50 with frame, but worth every penny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom