Kid's dessert at BoG on DDP

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
We are ordering ahead for our party at BoG. We have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and are on the DDP. There are no kid's desserts listed. Does our 4 year old select one of the desserts off the menu to go with her children's meal or do they bring out a standard kid's dessert? Thanks!

sophie_the_pooh

If I remember correctly, you have 2 choices of sides with the kids menu, including fries, vegetables, fruits, cookies, etc, so you can pick a dessert within those choices. When we went last year with my 4 year old son, he picked fries and vegetables, and we ordered an extra cupcake for him. We would have felt terrible eating our cupcakes in front of him (and sharing is not an option with BoG cupcakes! Sooo good!:hungry:)!

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
When you select a children's meal it allows you to select a side. The drop down menu allows you to select one of the following: green beans, applesauce, french fries, chocolate chip cookie, or no side.
I guess if I don't want to feel guilty with my cupcake, I better make her side the chocolate chip cookie then. I'm a little disappointed that they don't have even two options for the kids for a dessert item. If I'm eating a cupcake, I know my 4 year old would love a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting with a few mickey sprinkles thrown on.

sophie_the_pooh

Oh, my mistake, I seemed to remember there where 2 sides, maybe something was included in the meal he choose... But you're right, the result is still that you have to choose the cookie as a side if you want a dessert for your child. I also wish they had the option of a cupcake with the kids menu, even a mini-cupcake!

MomofPrincessGrace

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think kids get desserts at TS restaurants on the DDP. We were really surprised when the waitress presented us our dessert options but the little one wasn't offered one.

sophie_the_pooh

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think kids get desserts at TS restaurants on the DDP. We were really surprised when the waitress presented us our dessert options but the little one wasn't offered one.
Last September, we had the free dining plan, and my son had dessert options at all TS restaurants we went to (I think they often had choices like an ice cream or a fruit cup, but it depends on the restaurant)
For example, I just checked Coral Reef's menu, one of my son's favorites, and the kids menu has 3 dessert options: fruit salad, yogurt parfait and sea side cupcake ( my son recommends the cupcake, of course!:hungry:)

DisneyDreamer08

Kids get dessert on the DDP for table service meals but not quick service meals.

Sorry to hijack another persons post, but are you sure about this? And is it true for all QS locations? We have the quick service plan for our Sept trip and my 5 year old will be so bummed if we're all eating cupcakes and what not and she doesn't get one. I'd image we'd end up sharing or my husband would just give his to her. I've checked through the official description on the Disney page and it doesn't say dessert isn't available for kids. It says the plan is available for ages 3 and up and then describes the plan, including a dessert at each meal.
Thanks for any help.

Weather_Lady

Sorry to hijack another persons post, but are you sure about this? And is it true for all QS locations? We have the quick service plan for our Sept trip and my 5 year old will be so bummed if we're all eating cupcakes and what not and she doesn't get one. I'd image we'd end up sharing or my husband would just give his to her. I've checked through the official description on the Disney page and it doesn't say dessert isn't available for kids. It says the plan is available for ages 3 and up and then describes the plan, including a dessert at each meal.
Thanks for any help.

I think it depends, but generally, the kids' dessert options at CS locations are different from the adult options. Most kids menus offer full meals that already include an item intended as a healthful "dessert" (e.g., grapes, yogurt). I think that cookies are almost always available as a substitute, and you can always ask (although there are no guarantees) to substitute something else from the same menu.

That's not the case everywhere, though. Some CS locations (e.g., Casey's Corner in the MK) don't have a separate kids' menu, so at those places the kids have all the same choices as an adult.

Also, given the new substitution "rules" for the DDP, if your child wants an adult dessert, you could substitute your own fountain beverage (or, incidentally, your dessert - but that would defeat the purpose in this case) for any "snack" from the same menu, and since CS desserts are typically available for a snack credit (including all those yummy cupcakes at BOG!), drinking iced water instead of a fountain beverage in exchange for an extra dessert would allow your little one to partake of an "adult" dessert along with you.

...finally, note that until WDW starts separating out adult and kid CS credits, you could technically order your child a complete meal from the adult menu at CS locations, although you'd have to ask yourself whether you felt that was ethical to do since it's against the DDP rules.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

I think it depends, but generally, the kids' dessert options at CS locations are different from the adult options. Most kids menus offer full meals that already include an item intended as a healthful "dessert" (e.g., grapes, yogurt). I think that cookies are almost always available as a substitute, and you can always ask (although there are no guarantees) to substitute something else from the same menu.

That's not the case everywhere, though. Some CS locations (e.g., Casey's Corner in the MK) don't have a separate kids' menu, so at those places the kids have all the same choices as an adult.

Also, given the new substitution "rules" for the DDP, if your child wants an adult dessert, you could substitute your own fountain beverage (or, incidentally, your dessert - but that would defeat the purpose in this case) for any "snack" from the same menu, and since CS desserts are typically available for a snack credit, drinking iced water instead of a fountain beverage in exchange for an extra dessert would allow your little one to partake of an "adult" dessert along with you.

...finally, note that until WDW starts separating out adult and kid CS credits, you could technically order your child a complete meal from the adult menu at CS locations, although you'd have to ask yourself whether you felt that was ethical to do since it's against the DDP rules.

Thank you! Swapping the drink for an extra dessert is a good idea, especially since we typically carry water bottles with us anyway. And for the record, I wasn't implying that we would be upset if we all couldn't fill our face with cupcakes at every meal :) We typically limit my daughter's junk food intake but if we are at a certain place where the desserts look extra yummy, it would be hard to say well, we get one but you don't :)

DisneyDaver

I'd image we'd end up sharing or my husband would just give his to her.

I'm very happy to read that. For a while, I was reading this thread and thinking "What is going on here? Wouldn't every parent just give his/her child the parent's cupcake instead of having the child watch the parent eat a cupcake (while the child couldn't order one)?"

DisneyDreamer08

I'm very happy to read that. For a while, I was reading this thread and thinking "What is going on here? Wouldn't every parent just give his/her child the parent's cupcake instead of having the child watch the parent eat a cupcake (while the child couldn't order one)?"

Haha that would be funny. Sorry kiddo, life isn't fair sometimes, is it? No I never meant to imply we wouldn't simply just give our dessert to our daughter. What I was more so implying was that I wasn't going to be paying out of pocket for an extra dessert at every meal. It would kind of defeat the purpose of the the free dining plan. And honestly, I'm not overly concerned because at most of the QS locations, the desserts are terrible any way. I probably won't even use my credit. I'd either give it to my daughter or swap it for a side. My one and only concern right now is we do have a lunch ADR at BoG. I will for sure eat my cupcake there :) And if my husband wants his, we will just buy one for our daughter.

Mickey5150

I think every parent has that 1 time they think it's funny to eat a dessert in front of their kid until they realize the torture the kid puts them thru the rest of the day.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster

Yeah, we definitely wouldn't be allowed to eat a cupcake in front of my 4 year old if she didn't have a dessert too. Cookie will most likely be acceptable to her. If not, I'm sure I'll enjoy the chocolate chip cookie while she enjoys my Lemon Meringue Cupcake.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster

Also, given the new substitution "rules" for the DDP, if your child wants an adult dessert, you could substitute your own fountain beverage (or, incidentally, your dessert - but that would defeat the purpose in this case) for any "snack" from the same menu, and since CS desserts are typically available for a snack credit (including all those yummy cupcakes at BOG!), drinking iced water instead of a fountain beverage in exchange for an extra dessert would allow your little one to partake of an "adult" dessert along with you.

Excellent info, thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom