deleted

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Pretty classy addition. Love the cards for each country. This will definitely keep children busy and possibly gain knowledge of our friends around the world. Awesome work! The moderator continues to delete the picture..I hope they leave it this time.
I love the ziplock baggie briefcase.

peter11435

Pretty classy addition. Love the cards for each country. This will definitely keep children busy and possibly gain knowledge of our friends around the world. Awesome work! The moderator continues to delete the picture..I hope they leave it this time.
The photos are being removed because of where they were taken from.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yup, me too.
Though it is a tad bit politically incorrect to give little children plastic bags to play with. In the states there are warnings labels on plastic bags not being toys and to keep out of reach of children. But credit to ziplock cute briefcase

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Though it is a tad bit politically incorrect to give little children plastic bags to play with. In the states there are warnings labels on plastic bags not being toys and to keep out of reach of children. But credit to ziplock cute briefcase
I want these for ME! 😂

Bairstow

Sample card from Norway.
Provides an interesting fact, capital city and encourages interaction from a cast member from that partici=ular country...possibly a sticker or a signature.

I like that they're borrowing some of the more simple ideas and concepts from the Kim Possible/Agent P cellphone games. All of these do a real service to a child's understanding/appreciation of the World Showcase by encouraging exploration and interaction beyond simply being a theme park. It's neat what you can do with simple cards and baggies if you put the right thought into it.

Gillyanne

I wonder if this is what brought on the demise of the epcot passport? Granted I haven't been in park to look, but I remember a post asking if they were still around, and that the Shop Parks app/site hasn't displayed them in stock since that time (then again what does it display as in stock now a days anyway?!?!) Anyway, with that said, these new little collection cards seem to be more on course with what the passport was vs. the duffy fan and stamps. And the cards seem to be more collectable / scrapbook-able vs. how the passport was.

[without expericing] I think A+ change and can't wait to take the kiddos through in Sept.

Cmdr_Crimson

Interesting because it is Glad that has the Star Wars and Frozen Sandwich bags.

And it's not like Disney could oh I dunno...Go with 2 companies at the same time....
bags_slider_card_front_2x.jpg

Disney4family

We just did this new activity last week. It's tedious, time-consuming and not as much fun.

Yes, the baggies are tiny which is great for packing &, of course, it's protected from "liquid sunshine"(although a Disney shopping bag always protected ours before). We also understand that it's intended to teach children about the countries a little more than before.

However, what used to be a fun, kind-of-quick activity that allowed your child(ren) to complete 1 character as creatively as they wished has turned into a tiny, detail-oriented coloring card for each country.

The interaction with the international CMs has also declined. They just say hi and hand over a card and a sticker. There's not a lot of personal chit-chat since some of the cards already have the little Mickey drawings or a greeting on them.

It is a lot better than the bogus photocopy picture of Duffy from last September. That screamed cheap.

We miss the other "extras" that came with the original masks of getting cultural items attached to the masks and receiving an adorable certificate from the last country for completing the activity.

I'm sure others will have different opinions, but we feel having one, singular, overall picture (or something) to focus on and color in each country with it being completed at the last country visited is a better activity for kids and parents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom