Kidani Village Family Reunion

ExRoadie

Original Poster
Family Reunion Sunday 1/5 thru Friday 1/10

Me (59), Baby Sister (50), Brother (52), Sister In Law (53), Nephew(28) and his Girlfriend(28). Middle Sister opened a Bakery this past summer so she couldn’t make it.

Baby Sister is a DVC Member with her home resort of Kidani Village Lodge. I talked her out of booking a two bedroom villa with Savanah view since there were no kids involved and we’d only be at the room during dark hours. This saved quite a few points per night.

Three of us have mobility issues so she requested a top floor room close to the Timon elevator which is very near the Bus Stop.

We arrived Sunday morning at 7AM and got checked in then hit the parks. Room was ready at 2PM and we got back just before 4PM. The assigned room was right next to the Timon elevator exactly as requested.

I quickly learned that they position carts with blankets, sheets, pillows and other room items in the hallway so me and the Nephew staged a raid.

I never got to meet any of the room staff but we scheduled a room-refresh on Wednesday and they did an outstanding job.

Every cast member we encountered was practically perfect in every way making this one of the best stays at a WDW property.
Sup Bro (2).jpg

Sup, Bro?! That cow has some big horns. Can you help a fellow out???

ExRoadie

Original Poster
My Nephew served in the U.S. Airforce. Part of his training included recovering computer and communication hardware from "secured" "bad guy" locations.

Since I had already reconnoitered the position and the contents of the cart, I let him organize our activity because I told him we shouldn't take stuff off the "housekeeping cart".

It was actually pretty funny to see him in action wearing all black in the dim hallway while I was his lookout using my phone camera to snoop around the corner towards the elevator.

Plus, the Family considers me the "crazy Uncle", so there's that!

Club Cooloholic

My Nephew served in the U.S. Airforce. Part of his training included recovering computer and communication hardware from "secured" "bad guy" locations.

Since I had already reconnoitered the position and the contents of the cart, I let him organize our activity because I told him we shouldn't take stuff off the "housekeeping cart".

It was actually pretty funny to see him in action wearing all black in the dim hallway while I was his lookout using my phone camera to snoop around the corner towards the elevator.

Plus, the Family considers me the "crazy Uncle", so there's that!
Roadie, what kind of room did you guys get? All fit in a one bed? I have always been curious if you do that, will they allow you to place that many people in the room reservation to make fast passes, get bands ect?
Edit: Never mind, just figured it out. You went standard view! That's our plan for next trip room. Animal view is great, but saving points is too and you can see them from the pool bar!

correcaminos

Roadie, what kind of room did you guys get? All fit in a one bed? I have always been curious if you do that, will they allow you to place that many people in the room reservation to make fast passes, get bands ect?
Edit: Never mind, just figured it out. You went standard view! That's our plan for next trip room. Animal view is great, but saving points is too and you can see them from the pool bar!

Just as an FYI you cannot book 6 in a 1 bedroom (unless one is under 3). You won't be able to go FP or the like if you ever do try to squeeze that many in.

ExRoadie

Original Poster
For Clarity...

We were six adults in a two bedroom villa with a standard view.

Our mobility issues included one bad knee, a fractured vertebrae and recent pacemaker implant. No one used an ECV or wheelchair.

My Middle Sister has a successful bakery in South Louisiana and the Mardi Gras season of King Cakes started the day after Christmas.

The Savanah is visible from the windows across from the elevator towers. One day someone had brought some chairs from their room and were enjoying some tea viewing the animals.

I hope you guys have a Blessed and Happy day!

Club Cooloholic

For Clarity...

We were six adults in a two bedroom villa with a standard view.

Our mobility issues included one bad knee, a fractured vertebrae and recent pacemaker implant. No one used an ECV or wheelchair.

My Middle Sister has a successful bakery in South Louisiana and the Mardi Gras season of King Cakes started the day after Christmas.

The Savanah is visible from the windows across from the elevator towers. One day someone had brought some chairs from their room and were enjoying some tea viewing the animals.

I hope you guys have a Blessed and Happy day!
Roadie, how hard is it to get down to pool area? My mom has terrible knees and I wonder how it would be for her.

nickys

Premium Member
Roadie, how hard is it to get down to pool area? My mom has terrible knees and I wonder how it would be for her.

You can use the elevator in the Rafiki section. That takes you down to the parking lot, where you’re right across the access road from the back gate to the pool. The little outlook to the Pembe savannah is there, and the pool bar and the pool is very close.

If you go out of the lobby, you are near to the main gate to the pool but you walk the length of the pool to reach what I would say is the main pool area, near to the pool bar. But that way might be easier in an ECV or wheelchair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom