kidani village check in

828tnt

it's our first time staying at kidani village (2 other times at jambo) and i have a few quick questions.

-do we check in at kidani or the main lobby at jambo?

-is there a fitness facility at kidani or just the one that's by the pool at jambo?

-are the buildings connected, or is the walk to jambo an easy one?

thanks in advance for any comments!!!!

mufasa0505

Kidani has it's own check-in and concierge. If you're taking DME, they will drop you off there.

Kidani also has it's own fitness center (Survival of the Fittest) located near the pool and Maji bar.

It's a quick walk to Jambo, about 5-8 minutes. It can be HOT though because most of it's outside. I recommend staying in Kidani as long as possible. Take the last elevator down to the parking level and walk from there.

We love Kidani! Heading there Saturday!

Upvote 0

828tnt

Original Poster
Kidani has it's own check-in and concierge. If you're taking DME, they will drop you off there.

Kidani also has it's own fitness center (Survival of the Fittest) located near the pool and Maji bar.

It's a quick walk to Jambo, about 5-8 minutes. It can be HOT though because most of it's outside. I recommend staying in Kidani as long as possible. Take the last elevator down to the parking level and walk from there.

We love Kidani! Heading there Saturday!

thank you so much for the info! we're driving from pa- leaving tuesday and checking in wednesday.

maybe we'll see you around! look for the guy with the wdw magic tshirt and my very pregnant wife!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

We are D.V.C. members who have A.K.V. as our home resort, and we love both Kidani and Jambo. As a matter of fact, we've split our last 2 vacations between the 2 resorts.

Kidani has it's own resort check in.

It takes about 10 min. to walk from lobby to lobby between Kidani and Jambo. You can take a bus, but be careful. All park busses stop at Kidani first, then Jambo, then go to the parks. So, to get to Jambo, hop on a park bus from the Kidani stop. The Downtown Disney bus stops at Jambo first, then on to Kidani, so you can take that bus to do that short jaunt. Never hurts to ask the driver to be sure also. :)

A few other random things:

Kidani has the awesome Sanaa restaurant (and bar), but does NOT have a quick service restaurant (a source of many complaints). You can get a (very)limited menu at the Maji Pool bar, and can also refill your mugs at the pool bar and the Johari Treasures gift shop. For full Q.S., you have to walk to The Mara at Jambo.

As for other amenities, I actually like the fitness center a bit more at Kidani (lots of glass and often fewer people than at Zahanati fitness), and the pool area more as well. It is a lot smaller than the Uzima pool at Jambo, but it has a great slide, is more 'quaint', and a great water splash area.

One other thing, as a D.V.C. resort, Kidani has a 'Community Hall' with pool tables, games, etc.

Enjoy...we always do. :wave:

Upvote 0

mufasa0505

Like PP said, don't miss Sanaa!

Also, they're currently testing a continental breakfast at Sanaa, featuring pastries, coffee, tea, juice, cereal, etc. Nothing special, but an alternative to heading to the Mara.

Upvote 0

828tnt

Original Poster
We are D.V.C. members who have A.K.V. as our home resort, and we love both Kidani and Jambo. As a matter of fact, we've split our last 2 vacations between the 2 resorts.

Kidani has it's own resort check in.

It takes about 10 min. to walk from lobby to lobby between Kidani and Jambo. You can take a bus, but be careful. All park busses stop at Kidani first, then Jambo, then go to the parks. So, to get to Jambo, hop on a park bus from the Kidani stop. The Downtown Disney bus stops at Jambo first, then on to Kidani, so you can take that bus to do that short jaunt. Never hurts to ask the driver to be sure also. :)

A few other random things:

Kidani has the awesome Sanaa restaurant (and bar), but does NOT have a quick service restaurant (a source of many complaints). You can get a (very)limited menu at the Maji Pool bar, and can also refill your mugs at the pool bar and the Johari Treasures gift shop. For full Q.S., you have to walk to The Mara at Jambo.

As for other amenities, I actually like the fitness center a bit more at Kidani (lots of glass and often fewer people than at Zahanati fitness), and the pool area more as well. It is a lot smaller than the Uzima pool at Jambo, but it has a great slide, is more 'quaint', and a great water splash area.

One other thing, as a D.V.C. resort, Kidani has a 'Community Hall' with pool tables, games, etc.

Enjoy...we always do. :wave:

Also, they're currently testing a continental breakfast at Sanaa, featuring pastries, coffee, tea, juice, cereal, etc. Nothing special, but an alternative to heading to the Mara.

thank you both for the additional info!!! i was a bit concerned i'd have potentially quite a long trip to the fitness center, and i really wasn't taking a bus to workout- :lol: and i know i could've just asked about checkin at the gate, but what fun would that be right now?

we have reservations at sanaa our first night! there are few places left in wdw that we have yet to try, and this trip we get to cross sanaa, rose and crown, and koussina off that list! i've heard wonderful reviews about sanaa, and i hope it doesn't dissapoint after a long day (night) of driving. any recommendations? i've looked over the menu and i have quite a few ideas...

this will make my third consecutive trip staying at the akl, we should probably add some points there!

thanks again!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

it's our first time staying at kidani village (2 other times at jambo) and i have a few quick questions.

-do we check in at kidani or the main lobby at jambo?

-is there a fitness facility at kidani or just the one that's by the pool at jambo?

-are the buildings connected, or is the walk to jambo an easy one?

thanks in advance for any comments!!!!

The check-in for Kidani is at the lobby of the Kidani building. If you're taking DME be sure to listen closely to the driver of which stop your at as I often got people who came off the bus thinking it was one building and it being another.

There is a fitness center as well as tennis courts and a pool at Kidani but you are welcome to use facilities at both Kidani and Jambo.

The buildings are not connected but are positioned right next door to eachother. If you pull up a map of the property it'll be clear to you what their relation is. The walk is between 7-15 minutes depending on your walking speed or you can take a park bus as they stop at both buildings. There is also a shuttle between the two that is operated during most of the day. Check with the front desk when you get there for the information and hours on that.

...For your other questions. Be sure to get the Naan at Sanaa with the spreads. It's delicious!! I happen to love all of the DAKL restaurants. I think they're fantastic.

Hope that helps and you enjoy my "home"! I miss it greatly. =/

Upvote 0

828tnt

Original Poster
The check-in for Kidani is at the lobby of the Kidani building. If you're taking DME be sure to listen closely to the driver of which stop your at as I often got people who came off the bus thinking it was one building and it being another.

There is a fitness center as well as tennis courts and a pool at Kidani but you are welcome to use facilities at both Kidani and Jambo.

The buildings are not connected but are positioned right next door to eachother. If you pull up a map of the property it'll be clear to you what their relation is. The walk is between 7-15 minutes depending on your walking speed or you can take a park bus as they stop at both buildings. There is also a shuttle between the two that is operated during most of the day. Check with the front desk when you get there for the information and hours on that.

...For your other questions. Be sure to get the Naan at Sanaa with the spreads. It's delicious!! I happen to love all of the DAKL restaurants. I think they're fantastic.

Hope that helps and you enjoy my "home"! I miss it greatly. =/

thanks for the menu suggestion, and i will greatly enjoy the hospitality of your home! :D

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Wow, that is great. It would be a nice alternative to be able to stop and have a light breakfast before heading out to the parks.

I also want to add that the Fitness Center is open 24 hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom