Kidani village & 50th birthday

Nick Garrick

Original Poster
Hi all! My 50th birthday is coming up in January & I want to stay at a nice resort with my parents who will be joining me. I’ve never stayed at Kidani Village lodge or the Contemporary. I’ve looked into both but Cont has no atrium rooms available unfortunately, but Ive always wanted to stay at AKL to see the animals. Is Kadani worth it? My mom & I have a bucket list of resorts and AKL, GF, and Contempory are on it, but was just wondering your thoughts on Kadani. We have stayed at Yach & Boardwalk & loved them during the park hopping days but doubt that’ll be the case in Jan. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks in advance!

dreamfinder

So keep in mind that Kidani doesn't have the same offering as some of the resorts you listed. It is a straight DVC resort, so they is no real counter service. And unless you pay rack rate as an actual room booking, you won't get daily mousekeeping. We own at AKL Jambo, so love the area. You just need to remember that it's not a regular resort, but a DVC resort. Not a problem, just need to have different expectations. Also, might be worth looking into point rental to save some money.

Mainahman

We just got back from Kidani, and at the time were not DVC. There is no quick serve, just Sanaa. Sanaa is great, but only does QS for breakfast. Beautiful resort. we had a 2 bedroom standard view, but was around the corner from the animals. Pool was amazing. Theres a small food menu at the pool bar, but nothing to extensive. I found it super relaxing, but we ate in the parks, or cooked a pizza in the room.

JusticeDisney

I haven’t stayed there so I’m sorry that I won’t be able to offer you any advice In that regard. I just wanted to say that your plans seem awesome and I hope that you and you family have the best vacation! Happy 50th in advance!

Club Cooloholic

We just got back from Kidani, and at the time were not DVC. There is no quick serve, just Sanaa. Sanaa is great, but only does QS for breakfast. Beautiful resort. we had a 2 bedroom standard view, but was around the corner from the animals. Pool was amazing. Theres a small food menu at the pool bar, but nothing to extensive. I found it super relaxing, but we ate in the parks, or cooked a pizza in the room.
You got upgraded to there, what was your original room booking because being moved to a 2 bed is amazing.

NelleBelle

Hi all! My 50th birthday is coming up in January & I want to stay at a nice resort with my parents who will be joining me. I’ve never stayed at Kidani Village lodge or the Contemporary. I’ve looked into both but Cont has no atrium rooms available unfortunately, but Ive always wanted to stay at AKL to see the animals. Is Kadani worth it? My mom & I have a bucket list of resorts and AKL, GF, and Contempory are on it, but was just wondering your thoughts on Kadani. We have stayed at Yach & Boardwalk & loved them during the park hopping days but doubt that’ll be the case in Jan. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks in advance!
When were you planning on going in Jan? The 2021 Marathon weekend takes place Jan. 6-10 and hasn't been cancelled (yet). If that's when your trip falls, it could be that all the atrium rooms are sold out. But I'd bet that they will likely cancel the marathon and some of those runners who booked those rooms will cancel. So book something now and if you really want Contemporary, keep an ear open to what happens with the marathon weekend and see if any rooms open up.

Otherwise, we've stayed at Jambo at AKL and we loved that resort! We were upgraded to a Savana-view room (I ran the WDW marathon and we split-stayed, moved from Contemporary to AKL; we wondered if they saw my marathon finisher's medal and moved us). The food there is amazing! Which would be hard as I understand most of the restaurants are closed currently. But if that doesn't bother you, it's a great resort!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom