1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Kidani or Jambo?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by GoofyCathy, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:17 PM.

1. GoofyCathy

GoofyCathy Member

We haven't stayed at either one...and we'd get a standard view...could you tell me the difference between them? We have had dinner at Sanaa. Thanks!

2. lostpro9het

lostpro9het Well-Known Member

Its all very subjective, obviously...deja deja vu time!!
    Pros and cons!
    KIDANI:
    Pros:
    Covered parking under your area of the resort
    First bus stop
    Excellent TS service offering in Sanaa
    Better pool
    Better breakfast option in Sanaa
    Larger/more bathrooms depending on the room
    Community hall with many activities for the family

Cons:
    No true QS offering for all day dining, but some grab and go items are available in the gift shop and pool as well as a drink machine.
    Some folks don't care for the small lobby
    some folks don't care for the small gift shop.

JAMBO:
    Pros:
    Huge beautiful lobby that smells magnificent.
    Huge gift shop area
    Dedicated all day QS offering
    Probably one of the best TS offerings in Jiko.
    Folks really seem to like Boma, but its not for me.
    Value rooms to save on points

Cons:
    Its the second bus stop
    I think the pool is pretty "meh"

GoofyCathy likes this.
  3. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

Sanaa at Kidani does a QS breakfast. You can either sit there or grab and go.

It's an easy 10 minute walk (max) between the two, or you can get a minibus shuttle.

Kidani is entirely DVC villas, Jambo has the hotel rooms, club level and some DVC villas. The 1 bed villas at Kidani have an extra bathroom. Standard villas at Kidani are more likely to have a pool view, whereas at Jambo a lot of the standard rooms have a partial Savannah view. Not sure of the proportion, but at Kidani those on the outside of the curve will mostly face the road and pool, whilst at Jambo many on the outside of the curve still face part of a savannah.

The Victoria Falls lounge at Jambo is nice, especially if you like cocktails. Although, like a lot of Jambo, can feel a bit dark.

GoofyCathy likes this.
  4. GoofyCathy

GoofyCathy Member Original Poster

5. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

We did like Kidani more than Jambo. The Sanaa breakfast and pool bar were sufficient for us. It just feels more quiet at Kidani and we prefer the pool there and the parking too. Both are not bad at all though. We also do 2 bedrooms and enjoy the extra bathroom in Kidani. Jambo is more extravagant and has a busier feel to it. Neither are bad though.

6. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

We are split in our family ;)!

Eldest DS (21) said he would like to stay at Jambo next time, he was impressed with the size and luxury feel to the resort. However he is a BLT man, likes being in the center of things and felt AKL in general was too remote from the feel of being "at Disney", so not begging to go back.

I liked the extra bathroom, sleeper chair (can't recall if Jambo 1 bed has it or not), happy with the more low key villas feel, but would also like to stay at Jambo to compare. I would also consider AKL (either) for 2 or 3 days without parks, maybe at the start of our vacation in future. There's just so much happening there, so much to see and do and the CMs love talking about their home countries and stuff.

helenabear likes this.
  7. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

I love reading/hearing different thoughts. Interestingly we don't care for BLT as a family. We like the more calm and peace. How Polynesian fits in, we're still not sure but we love it. All of us seem to prefer that. Kind of like we like BCV but not BWV as much - more peaceful back in the corner with BCV I think.

I think if I have this right all but the values at AKL have a sleeper chair. I know Kidani does for sure. Like you we have spent a couple no-park days at AKL because there is so much to do!

nickys likes this.
  8. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom Well-Known Member

Another con of Kidani is that some of the rooms are a VERY long walk to the lobby. Last trip we asked for "near the lobby" and got the last "pod". We're going again next week, and my grandchildren have requested Kidani for the animals and the pictures of the pool and splash pad area. I'm so hoping we're close to the lobby this time.

9. GoofyCathy

GoofyCathy Member Original Poster

Right! We've never stayed there because it does seem far from everything...and only one mode of transportation out...but it'll be fun to at least once. We decided on Jambo. Normally we go to Boardwalk or Saratoga.