Kid Friendly Steak or Fish resturant?

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
I'm looking for suggestions to a good steak or fish restaurant that is tolerant to young kids and on property. Not wanting to do a signature dining experience with a 2.5 yr old. We are hitting that terrible two's stage and finishing a meal at Bob Evan's can be difficult. :lol: I am trying to plan a nice meal while grandma watches the little one but just in case would like to know my options if we take her along.

Dads 2 Boys

Almost all the table service restaurants have a steak dish but one place that's really good and fun for kids is Planet Hollywood IMO. It's more relaxed than perhaps the deluxe resort atmoshpere.

And DisneyInsider hit it on the head with Coral Reef!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Update:

We did indeed dine at the Coral Reef. The food was good with very neat setting. The kids however did not care about the surroundings. They could have been in a McDonald's and been happier. We were a large group and seated in the back. If the kids could have been closer to the windows that might have helped.

Our last day we went to Tony's Town Square. Just the three of us. Well the kid hit the wall and even an early ice cream dessert could not stop this fit. But mine was not the only one throwing a fit so that made me feel better. With the restaurant so noisy it didn't matter.

Thanks for the advice.

JillC LI

I'd have to say that other than Victoria and Albert's, ALL restaurants on Disney property will be tolerant of young kids and their noise level. While I know how uncomfortable it can be to be eating in a nicer restaurant with a crying child, most Disney restaurants are relatively noisy, some (like Whispering Canyon or the Biergarten) more than others. I'd say just pick the place you want, and hope for the best.

HouCuseChickie

Yeah- I have yet to encounter a place with our girls where we felt uncomfortable or out of place. In fact, DD5's fave meal last trip was Cali Grill... part for the fireworks, part for how our server spoiled she and her sister the whole meal.

While we haven't needed to use it much during our TS meals, we use the take turns getting up and taking them for a walk if they start getting antsy.

All that being said- both girls enjoyed the food at Le Cellier and while we haven't done any WDW seafood spots with them, I know Coral Reef sees tons of kids and my friend who has 4 children under age 10 and they've done Fulton's, Flying Fish, and Yachtsman with their kids and had wonderful meals.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
We took turns taking her to the fountain and around the restaurant to calm her down and so that we could eat. We had plans for her to take a nap before dinner. She had other plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom