Keys to the Kingdom Tour

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It depends on what you think is important to the magic. If you think WDW is run on pixie dust and no one has to break a sweat, then yes, it will ruin it for you.

If you think that hard working people and ingenuity make the place run and you appreciate that, then you'll probably be ok.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoxMySox

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
It depends on what you think is important to the magic. If you think WDW is run on pixie dust and no one has to break a sweat, then yes, it will ruin it for you.

If you think that hard working people and ingenuity make the place run and you appreciate that, then you'll probably be ok.

Haha, well I should have been more specific. I know about how the underground, (what's it called the ultidoor?) and I know some people who have been CMs.

I was wondering though, if there would be anything I would look at differently?

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DisneyRoxMySox said:
Haha, well I should have been more specific. I know about how the underground, (what's it called the ultidoor?) and I know some people who have been CMs.

I was wondering though, if there would be anything I would look at differently?
Probably, but is that necessarily a bad thing?

Knowing how much time, thought, and energy goes into the magic can make you appreciate it more.

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

I've been on the tour and it just provides a different aspect of the magic. I have always appreciated Disney magic in the past, so I also worried a little before I went on the tour. If your tour guide is knowledgable and friendly, you won't have to worry about ruining the magic. The tour just shows you how some things are done and gives you more information about the MK. It's great and totally worth the money.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

We really enjoyed the tour. It gives you lots of background on the park, and we found the behind the scenes parts fascinating. For us, it was something that makes us appreciate the magic even more!:)

Upvote 0

allee

My wife and I went on it on our Honeymoon. We're pretty avid Disney fanatics, so we already knew a lot of the information, but we still learned quite a bit. Our tour guide (I can't recall her name) was awesome. She answered every single question without missing a beat (and some of them were quite technical).

I came from the world of being a tech at a theme park, and part of the magic for me is knowing how something works, and seeing the finished product.

Actually, now that I know some of the secrets behind the magic, I can let my mind stop trying to figure out how the tricks are done, and just enjoy them.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We are going on it for the first time this fall. We've done other tours, including the all-inclusive Backstage Magic Tour. And from what I've read, that one covers some of whats on the Keys tour.

But in the end, my wife and I are tour nuts, and like to do at least one or two on every trip (including repeat tours). So we thought we'd give it a try because I've heard so many good things about it.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We just did the Keys tour a week ago and it was awesome. We were pretty leery about it ruining the magic, but it has just increased the magic. We feel that we have more info than we did before and before we went on we thought the hidden mickeys were dumb but after the tour we were constantly looking for more. One thing I really liked about the tour is that we went on a couple rides but most of the time was just spent enjoying the park and all the little details that the imagineers have put into the design. Do your tour as early in the days as you can and as early in the trip as you can. That way you can use some of the info they give you. And our tour guide was great too, so if you get Kym tell her she was highly recommended!

Upvote 0

uglybug2005

Just like the Jungle Cruise, the script offers an opportunity for the tour guides to personalize their tour, so if you go on Keys to the Kingdom more than once, you may see or learn different things each time.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Take the tour. You will appreciate much more what is done to make your stay magical. But there is one requirement that you have to agree to up front, and if I remember correctly, we signed an agreement not to disclose, but you have to agree not to tell anyone that Walts frozen body is in the cylos of the castle.....fyi...:lookaroun

Upvote 0

DisneyRoxMySox

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great information everyone!! It seems like this tour is a must-see! I will have to do it next time I go down.:sohappy: :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom