keys to the kingdom question.

Daniel Johnson

The wife and I are planning a run down to Disney next month. For our anniversary we are planing on a keys to the kingdom.
Do they still serve lunch? Is there any guide that is better than the rest? Can you ask to be paired with a specific guide?
Thanks guys!

Tinkerbella16

I have not done the tour in a few years but I do know that they still serve lunch at Columbia Harbor House, upstairs. They rope it off just for the tour guests. As for the guides, they have probably changed since I did the tour and our guide was amazing. I don't think hes a tour guide anymore. I'm not sure you can ask for a specific guide because it depends on who is on schedule for each tour time. Each day could be different and there might be quite a few tour guides scheduled into the system ahead of time. Depends on the time you book for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Thank you @Tinkerbella16 we were led to believe lunch wasn't offered anymore. Not that it's a deal breaker, but I've never eaten at Columbia harbor house, and being able to sit up stairs sounded way cool! Also didn't know if a certain guide was better than others, but I guess I wasn't thinking on Disney scale. I was thinking like 4 guides...I must have been way off!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Thank you @Tinkerbella16 we were led to believe lunch wasn't offered anymore. Not that it's a deal breaker, but I've never eaten at Columbia harbor house, and being able to sit up stairs sounded way cool! Also didn't know if a certain guide was better than others, but I guess I wasn't thinking on Disney scale. I was thinking like 4 guides...I must have been way off!
Anytime! All Ears still has lunch at CHH listed in the description of the tour so I am sure they still offer that. Yes the upstairs is very nice, we like to sit by the window and people watch from up there. They also give an exclusive Key to the Kingdom pin to each tour guest, which I loved that little touch! You can only get the pin if you do the tour so that is nice.

Upvote 0

Longers

I did the tour in November. Lunch is still Columbia Harbour House upstairs and you book your food before your tour starts. Not sure if you can book a specific guide as you just book the time and day, could be worth an ask? We got to ride jungle cruise, haunted mansion and went back stage to see the Utilidors and parade floats to name A few and someone has mention the badge which was a neat touch. We really enjoyed it, certainly money well spent. Hope you enjoy it too.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

It's been a while since I did the tour as well, but our tour guide's name was Matthew. We thought he was fantastic. I'm not sure you can request, but if so I think he's definitely worth the request!
We also had Matthew!!! But our tour was back in 2008 so I really didn't know if he still worked as a guide. He was incredible! I actually wrote an email to Disney about how amazing he was and how he really made our tour memorable. They even called me so I could explain to them over the phone my experiences so they could give him recognition.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We also had Matthew!!! But our tour was back in 2008 so I really didn't know if he still worked as a guide. He was incredible! I actually wrote an email to Disney about how amazing he was and how he really made our tour memorable. They even called me so I could explain to them over the phone my experiences so they could give him recognition.

Our tour was also in 2008! We went while we were on our honeymoon. I have no idea if he's still a CM or if he still does the tours either, but I hope he does! So funny that we had the same guide and both loved him. He really was hilarious. A good guide can make the whole tour.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Our tour was also in 2008! We went while we were on our honeymoon. I have no idea if he's still a CM or if he still does the tours either, but I hope he does! So funny that we had the same guide and both loved him. He really was hilarious. A good guide can make the whole tour.
That is funny! We were there in November that year (well we go in Nov every year lol). He even shed a tear at the end of the tour (and so did I), but I won't say why so I don't spoil anything for the OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I believe our guide's name was Matt also - he was the best! He ate at our table during lunch, so I got to ask him lots of off stage questions (the ones Disney doesn't want you to ask on-state, i.e., in the presence of guests). He said that guiding the Keys to the Kingdom Tour was his dream job at Disney. Last month when we were at the park we saw him wrapping up a tour, so he's still doing it.

Yes, you still have lunch at CHH and do Haunted Mansion and ride the Jungle Cruise. Our tour was a few weeks before the opening of the mine ride - and before the soft opening during Rock Your Disney 24 - so we had hoped we'd get a special treat and ride 7DMT. I even asked, because it doesn't hurt to ask. But no.

Upvote 0

TB4244

I did the tour in November. Lunch is still Columbia Harbour House upstairs and you book your food before your tour starts. Not sure if you can book a specific guide as you just book the time and day, could be worth an ask? We got to ride jungle cruise, haunted mansion and went back stage to see the Utilidors and parade floats to name A few and someone has mention the badge which was a neat touch. We really enjoyed it, certainly money well spent. Hope you enjoy it too.
Yup and we were right behind you that day as I recall!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
can you order anything from the harbor house menu or is it a limited menu? this tour sounds really interesting

You order off the regular menu - when you check in, before the tour starts, they give you a menu and take your order.

Oh, you must do the tour. Even a Disney expert can learn things. But make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes, because it is a 5 hour walking tour. My poor feet were dying by the end of the tour.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

can you order anything from the harbor house menu or is it a limited menu? this tour sounds really interesting
When I took the tour you could order anything. You order before your tour begins and they have it ready and waiting for you when you get there. I don't see my favorite Anchors A'weigh sandwich, which I was able to choose when we went. This is the description-

At the 2 1/2 hour mark, the group breaks at the Columbia Harbour House for a delicious meal which is prepared and waiting for all the Tour Guests. Orders are taken in the Tour Garden, next to City Hall, upon check-in before the Tour begins. Menu choices include a Fried Chicken Strips Basket, Fried Fish and Chicken Combo, Garden Galley Salad (mixed greens with feta cheese, pecans, grilled chicken, and pineapple in a zinfandel vinaigrette), Starboard Deck Sandwich (Toasted bread topped with ham, cheese, tomato, and broccoli slaw), and New England Clam Chowder or Vegetarian Chili.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
When I took the tour you could order anything. You order before your tour begins and they have it ready and waiting for you when you get there. I don't see my favorite Anchors A'weigh sandwich, which I was able to choose when we went. This is the description-

At the 2 1/2 hour mark, the group breaks at the Columbia Harbour House for a delicious meal which is prepared and waiting for all the Tour Guests. Orders are taken in the Tour Garden, next to City Hall, upon check-in before the Tour begins. Menu choices include a Fried Chicken Strips Basket, Fried Fish and Chicken Combo, Garden Galley Salad (mixed greens with feta cheese, pecans, grilled chicken, and pineapple in a zinfandel vinaigrette), Starboard Deck Sandwich (Toasted bread topped with ham, cheese, tomato, and broccoli slaw), and New England Clam Chowder or Vegetarian Chili.

Interesting because when we took the tour last year, they handed us a menu and my daughter chose the fried shrimp. Perhaps they've changed the lunch selections available to simplify things.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Interesting because when we took the tour last year, they handed us a menu and my daughter chose the fried shrimp. Perhaps they've changed the lunch selections available to simplify things.
Hmmm maybe they have or maybe this could be off a little. I definitely remember ordering off of a menu at check-in too and getting my favorite sandwich. :D

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hmmm maybe they have or maybe this could be off a little. I definitely remember ordering off of a menu at check-in too and getting my favorite sandwich. :D

Yeah, we definitely ordered off a menu. And Disney would need to distinguish between fried fish and fried shrimp as seafood allergies are typically an allergy to shellfish, which can include shrimp.

Upvote 0

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
When we were emailing with Disney about the tour I specifically asked about lunch, and got no reply...thus is why I asked here. You guys are great. We are super excited to get to do this tour. Thank you all again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom