keys to the kingdom cards vs the new magic bands

Dumbo2675

Original Poster
Did the new magic bands that are out did they replace the Keys to the Kingdom cards you use to get at check-in when you arrived for your stay?

gooftroop5

I believe at this time you can still get a good 'ol plastic card and not use the Magic Band. I'm not sure if it will stay that way forever, but at least right now you can use either. The Magic Band will act as your room key, park ticket, and also have the ability to charge items to your room. They will also act as your FP+ tickets. The idea is to wear them on your wrist and not have to pull things out of a wallet all the time or keep track of anything.

Tom

Beta Return
But to directly answer your question, yes, Magic Bands have replaced Key to the World cards. As gooftroop5 said, you CAN specifically request cards instead of Magic Bands, but if you do nothing, you will automatically receive Magic Bands for each resort reservation.

Redhawk

I'm pretty sure they will always have the RFID cards available for people who don't want to wear the Magic Bands. But yes, the default will be the band.

RonAnnArbor

Here's an update: you can no longer use a Key card except to open your hotel room. Everything else requires a magic band...I've already complained vehemently including to the administrative offices about their claim an RFID card would always be an option. It currently no longer is. I'll update if they respond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom