Ketchup and Mustard Pumps Removed at Casey’s Corner

MotherOfBirds

The problem isn't the ketchup. The problem is that it isn't totally out of line with the price hikes and everything else the company has done in the last few years. It wasn't a policy change, but it wasn't so outlandish that it could be dismissed out of hand like you could have ten years ago.

DisneyJoe

VaderTron

Yes, but this is a change from the self-serve condiments. They had a bar with relish, onions, sauerkraut, mustards, ketchup, and similar condiments. To cheap out Disney took that away...while still charging $14 for a hot dog.

To say Disney takes stuff away for "environmental reasons" is bogus. It's money. No one wants to open 10-15 condiment packets to get what they want on a footlong hot dog. Disney knows that. So despite the extra trash waste it creates they took away the self-service condiments.

peter11435

Yes, but this is a change from the self-serve condiments. They had a bar with relish, onions, sauerkraut, mustards, ketchup, and similar condiments. To cheap out Disney took that away...while still charging $14 for a hot dog.

To say Disney takes stuff away for "environmental reasons" is bogus. It's money. No one wants to open 10-15 condiment packets to get what they want on a footlong hot dog. Disney knows that. So despite the extra trash waste it creates they took away the self-service condiments.
When I ate there three weeks ago they had ketchup, mustard, onions, relish etc...

VaderTron

When I ate there three weeks ago they had ketchup, mustard, onions, relish etc...
Thank you for that historical account. It was also there in May when I saw there were not any footlong hot dogs on offer. However, as has been stated by others the footlong hotdogs have returned and, more recently, the condiments have been replaced by packets.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Cmdr_Crimson

Take your facts, kind sir, and move along.
This is not the thread for logic and reason. Outrage and hyperbole are the only condiments our hotdogs require.
Well, there are other kind of people....🤣
Image result for condiments gif

lazyboy97o

Running out of condiments for days is not a reasonable issue. This is not some little establishment in the middle of nowhere. There are many other venues with the same condiments, not to mention the large warehouses that Disney maintains. I understand that Disney can't send someone to Costco like an independent restaurant could but they should have had stock available or been able to get a restock from somewhere on property.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Running out of condiments for days is not a reasonable issue. This is not some little establishment in the middle of nowhere. There are many other venues with the same condiments, not to mention the large warehouses that Disney maintains. I understand that Disney can't send someone to Costco like an independent restaurant could but they should have had stock available or been able to get a restock from somewhere on property.
The idea that a HOT DOG RESTAURANT could run out of MUSTARD is ...

Obobru

So they removed pumps which allowed you to pump directly onto a hot dog or fries or into a small paper container and replaced it with sachets which can't be recycled and hugely wasteful as people take loads of them and unused ones usually end up in the bin. Shows Disney's sustainably is clueless.

mf1972

the ketchup pump probably exploded ketchup on someone’s “little angel”, lawsuits have been threatened, & now we all have to suffer. personally, i think this has katiebug written all over it...:cautious:

livan126

I use to work at multiple locations as a food and beverage inventory control clerk, basically I ordered and maintained the food. There are times that there are shortages at the warehouse for a certain product and usually when that happens other locations will hoard and keep the product that is shorted. They won't share because then their location will be short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom