Kelly & Johnny D. "Pop" into Disney 9/2-9/12 Day 9

Day 9 - 9/10 Saturday

Saturday morning I needed a couple more rides on Dinosaur so we went there first. We did Dinosaur and It’s Tough to Be a Bug and walked along the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I really liked looking at the birds at the end of that. We got some great shots of a Tiger sleeping on it’s back with it’s leg in the air. We decided that we wanted to eat at Pizzafari again and both got the same things as yesterday. Then I believe we went to MGM and rode the Great Movie Ride and went on Millionaire again. Here’s where I’m fuzzy.

That night we went to dinner in Japan. This was an adventure for sure. It’s SO HOT in there. That’s all I’m going to say for now.

We rode Soarin at some point and Test Track. At Test Track we were in the single rider line. Well the CM there was a complete jerk. She goes you go into the screening room. JD goes, oh I’m going to wait for her so we can get off the ride roughly the same time. And she goes “NO, you are single riders from this point” which I understand what she was getting at but we weren’t thinking we were riding together, we just didn’t want to space it out too far and have one of us sitting and waiting for 10 – 15 minutes. So he said that and she’s like “You’re a single rider” and so finally he said “I know I’m a single rider, but I’m not a single waiter, so I will just stay here, you can let someone behind us go.” She was pretty ed. But then she let us go through without watching the video so at least that was nice of her.

We watched Illuminations that night from next to Mexico. We tried to sit behind the restaurant as was recommended but all the seats were taken. During Illuminations I left JD and walked over to China just to see the view from there. It wasn’t so hot with a little island in the way. Then I went back to him and watched the rest.

After Illuminations we walked back to the Boardwalk (parked there again) and went to Jelly Rolls. We LOVE Jelly Rolls. If you haven’t been, GO! It’s 21+ dueling piano bar. It is 1 million times better than popular piano bars like “Howl at the Moon” and Jake Ivory’s here in Boston. They can play anything. They even played “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix a Lot. So funny!! I do wish it was a no smoking bar but it’s not. Not a ton of people were smoking but one guy had a cigar, YUCK. We stayed for about an hour and a half and then went to our resort for bed.

Next up: Epcot and MGM and Who Wants to be a Millionaire?? ME ME ME!

On to day 10!

RealHawker

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
You should take notes as you wander around the parks :lol:

I had a great
"Moleskine" brand notebook (really nice paper). I was going to journal everything and anything,

I didnt write a word.

:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom