Keister Coaster waterslide at Disney's BoardWalk Inn closing for refurbishment in October

Club Cooloholic

You would think and the added resort the Swalphin has built but I am afraid they just don't know how to best utilize the space to make it have the draw of its neighbor Jellyrolls.
I wonder if making it have some sort of 1920s vauldville variety dinner show would work. Have magicians, comedians, escape artist(Houdini) style dinner show(then night club afterward). Hoop De has always done well and I swear having a dinner show that was easy for so may resort guests to get to would make a mint.

lazyboy97o

And I was told the clown was coming down (loaded with asbestos) and was being replaced with nothing. A wooden coaster splashdown into a pool. Time will tell.
The chances of it containing asbestos are slim to none. The resort opened in 1996, well after the building industry moved away from asbestos, there is no real need for it to contain asbestos and the immediate area would not be open if there was remediation work occurring.

nickys

Premium Member
I stayed at the Boardwalk Resort last week and we asked two CMs near the pool area wearing business clothes (with name tags) what the plan was for the slide. He said: “the creepy clown is here to stay” and then stated it’s being repainted.

However, it sounds like people are getting various answers from different CMs so we will see what really happens.

If the clown is “here to stay” then they’ll have to make a new one. The original was cut up and loaded into a van, photos all over Twitter and the internet!

Rob562

Synergy!!!!

MMRR-Carnival-1-1.jpg

🤷‍♂️

-Rob

Mike730

Please stop shoving your IPs down my throat and leave the resorts alone.

Having said that, Fab Four can be tastefully added and hopefully that will be the case. This is already present at the boardwalk.

Fantastic Four absolutely not.

ToTBellHop

Can they do it tastefully? Of course. Will it remove yet another iconic and unique feature from a deluxe resort in favor of something generic that mom will gladly photograph her 3-year old twins in front of? Yes, unfortunately. People are progressively complaining away everything unique at the resorts.

However, I’m told the clown will return in 27 years and at that point, you’ll float too.

ToTBellHop

That one may be correct however. Digging, but I did hear about Mickey and Minnie clowning around...
No surprise because you and my students know I’m always right, but Disney has confirmed this.

“We look forward to Mickey and his pals clowning around at Luna Park Pool. Guests will enjoy the same great ride down Keister Coaster slide with a brand-new look.” #WaltDisneyWorld

They even stole my wording...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom