Keister Coaster waterslide at Disney's BoardWalk Inn closing for refurbishment in October

nickys

Premium Member
So this was from a CM at the Boardwalk I assume?

The same place as the CMs who have reportedly told guests it’s being rethemed to “classic Disney characters”........ 🤔

Guess we’ll have to wait and see if any of them are correct.

Club Cooloholic

Do you think they meant Disney’s ’Fab Four’ rather than Marvel’s Fantastic Four?
Arent’t Disney’s Fab Four characters: Mickey, Donald, Pluto, & Goofy.
They could have meant that I suppose. That would make a lot more sense with the current theme. Will be fun to see how it turns out. Regardless, wouldn't it make sense to have a Marvel hotel at some point as the Marvel at sea cruises are popular?

Club Cooloholic

I am really skeptical about this. If there were truly re-themeing the area to Marvel why wouldn't they shut down the entire pool area and do everything at once.
The whole area retheme is just a thought, no idea of they would carry it out across the whole area. As for why they haven't done the whole pool all at once, I blame COVID. They dont want Boardwalk guests going to Beach Club for their theme pool as they have done in past pool refurbs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The whole area retheme is just a thought, no idea of they would carry it out across the whole area. As for why they haven't done the whole pool all at once, I blame COVID. They dont want Boardwalk guests going to Beach Club for their theme pool as they have done in past pool refurbs.

If there aren't plans to retheme the whole pool area, then it makes even less sense to just re-theme the slide.

Club Cooloholic

IMG_20201122_175913783.jpg

Considering they won't even put the time and money into fixing the lights for the Atlantic Dance Hall...maybe a new theme would get more love. Sorry for the blurred letters but the D A and N are out on the sign.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

View attachment 515639
Considering they won't even put the time and money into fixing the lights for the Atlantic Dance Hall...maybe a new theme would get more love. Sorry for the blurred letters but the D A and N are out on the sign.
I've always thought splitting the building up into a couple small shops or even a convenience store for those staying at the DVC's, a casual restaurant and the upstairs a small bar would be a better fit. Clubs aren't in the rage these days and Atlantic Dance Hall has never really drawn the crowd other Night spots around the World had/have. Otherwise take the sign down and make it more convention space.

TrojanUSC

I've always thought splitting the building up into a couple small shops or even a convenience store for those staying at the DVC's, a casual restaurant and the upstairs a small bar would be a better fit. Clubs aren't in the rage these days and Atlantic Dance Hall has never really drawn the crowd other Night spots around the World had/have. Otherwise take the sign down and make it more convention space.

There's some complications with the Swan/Dolphin and them being required to operate a nightclub there. They would love to not operate it. Compounding things is that you can't really draw anybody not staying at those resorts, as there is no real parking. I do think it would do well if there was better/easier access and they really marketed it.

Hula Baloo

I stayed at the Boardwalk Resort last week and we asked two CMs near the pool area wearing business clothes (with name tags) what the plan was for the slide. He said: “the creepy clown is here to stay” and then stated it’s being repainted.

However, it sounds like people are getting various answers from different CMs so we will see what really happens.

Club Cooloholic

There's some complications with the Swan/Dolphin and them being required to operate a nightclub there. They would love to not operate it. Compounding things is that you can't really draw anybody not staying at those resorts, as there is no real parking. I do think it would do well if there was better/easier access and they really marketed it.
The skyliner should help with it to a degree.

surfsupdon

And I was told the clown was coming down (loaded with asbestos) and was being replaced with nothing. A wooden coaster splashdown into a pool. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom