Keeping FP+ After Cancelling Resort Booking

skiir97

Original Poster
I saw a post in another thread on this board saying that you can book an onsite resort, select your FP's 60 days out, but then cancel your onsite resort booking and keep your FP's as long as you cancel within 30 days of your arrival.

Is this true? Seems like a weird loophole that you would think Disney would block.....though if this loophole does exist I'm definitly taking advantage of it... :p

nickys

Premium Member
Advertisement
I saw a post in another thread on this board saying that you can book an onsite resort, select your FP's 60 days out, but then cancel your onsite resort booking and keep your FP's as long as you cancel within 30 days of your arrival.

Is this true? Seems like a weird loophole that you would think Disney would block.....though if this loophole does exist I'm definitly taking advantage of it... :p
The resort cancellation triggers the deletion of any FPs for days for which you no longer have an onsite stay booked. Even within the 30 days many people lost FPs.

You will always find exceptions, but a high number of those were in the early days. When they first announced the change, it took at least a month for them to actually start cancelling FPs. That in itself took a lot of people by surprise, as they thought it was just a bluff. Most of them found out the hard way.

Dad 2 M & M

Make sure you still go over to the resort you cancelled.....wait at the pool gate, for someone about to buzz in, and you're in to the amenities as well....might as well take advantage of everything you can......
The resort cancellation triggers the deletion of any FPs for days for which you no longer have an onsite stay booked. Even within the 30 days many people lost FPs.

You will always find exceptions, but a high number of those were in the early days. When they first announced the change, it took at least a month for them to actually start cancelling FPs. That in itself took a lot of people by surprise, as they thought it was just a bluff. Most of them found out the hard way.
Found out the hard way they couldn't rip the system.....no sympathy here
Try it. See what happens lol.
There's a 48hr grace period and then they are gone.
Yes....and they made sure the grace period was within the 5-day "free" cancellation

Weather_Lady

That was true once upon a time. The loophole has since been closed.

There are still people who will book the cheapest onsite accommodation they can, even if they don't plan to use it, just to get a 60-day Fastpass booking window. However, that's not really a "loophole" -- they still have to keep and pay for that reservation in full, so they're paying dearly for the privilege. I'd also note that in my experience over our last few trips, we've found that the 60-day booking advantage is increasingly less valuable. Unless you have several days to work with, it's increasingly likely that you'll get shut out of the most popular Fastpasses for the first few days of your visit even booking 60 days out. (e.g., for our recent February break trip, we couldn't get Fastpasses for 7DMT until day 63, Flight of Passage until the evening of day 64, Slinky Dog Dash until the afternoon of day 65, and Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run was only available on day 67...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom